Mavka

You didn't want to marry Prince James, but your mother was forcing you, hence why it was an arranged marriage, mainly to form a political alliance, irritation rolled off of you in waves, your maids tightened the corset.

"Why in bloody hell do I have to wear this?" you asked very annoyed with the whole situation, your mother the queen walked in.

"Because you're a princess and you need to look proper." she hissed in distance in her voice, you and her saw the world very differently, you saw it as a place you could explore, while your mother saw it as a place for men to explore.

"Okay so tell me why I have to look proper for a spoiled brat."

"Do not speak of your betrothed like that." she hissed, 'Like the snake, she is' you thought to yourself almost laughing 'unladylike' as she put it, you fiddled with your fingers.

"I will speak of him any way I want until we're married." you fought, you looked down, you weren't dressed like you, and you would be stuck in the goddamn carriage for a couple of hours, your mother continued on with her rant about how you shall behave, while you made mental notes to do the opposite.

You sat in the carriage, after going for a while you doze off, when you're hands maidens woke up you were outside of the gates of the castle you sat up when the gates opened, a crowd of people, were waiting for you, the carriage stopped, and you stepped out then your hand's maidens, at the end of the groups of people was Queen Winifred and King George, plus a man around your age standing at the end, he was handsome you'll give him that, you walked up to them shaking the hands of the king and queen when you got to the prince, he took you're had and kissed it lightly, you were led inside.

"Well, I assume you two would like to spend some time together." George looked at the both of you, he looked at James more expectedly and walked off.

"Okay, so I don't want this. I don't what you. So listen to me we're gonna get married on Sunday, act like a married couple when people are around. But behind doors where no one is we're nothing you and I are just faint memories of one another." He smiled at you snarky, "Oh, and we're expected to have a baby within the coming winter, just to let you know." he turned on his heel and left you, standing there, you never thought you would care too much about the prince or what he said but what he layed out to you was hard, and true.

You walked into your chambers, numbly, "Y/n what's wrong?" Wanda, you're best friend and handmaid asked.

"I don't want to be here, I want to go home now, this arrangement is off it's over, I don't ever what to here of the kingdom of Barnes again." you cried hot tears rolled down your cheeks, then the thought of being at dinner with the cold prince sitting next to you, in just a few short hours.

Bucky walked to his chambers only to be met with a pissed off best friend, "What the hell was that!" Steve practically yelled.

"I told her the truth, about how I feel," he blew it off.

"No, you were being a dick."

The door opened the both of them looked at the door "Wow Bucky." Sam scoffed.

"Oh, you're judging me too now," Bucky rolled his eyes, "Just leave I need to get ready."

As you waited for dinner to arrive, your maides dressed you, in a cleaner dress, there was a knock on your door, two guards stood, waiting to guide you, to the dining hall, you sat in a seat across from the spoiled prince, which was where you were most likely expected of her.

"So Princess Y/n, what are some of your hobbies?" Queen Winnifred asked.

"Um," you smiled fakely, "Well like like reading, and I like riding, I also-" you cut yourself off, from saying sparing.

"What was that dear?"

"Thats it."

"How was your journey to our lands?" the queen questioned.

"It was fine, no inconveniences."

"And what do you think about our sone?" George asked,

"The prince," you looked to him he gave you a pointed look, "He's...sweet." she lied.

"Thats good, and my sone what do you think of the princess?" the king asked.

"The Princess is so beautiful and kind and both of us have so many things in common." he smiled just as fake as you.

The days went on and you and James were, still so far but yet so close, you where getting married tomorrow, to the man she hated more than anyone, you flopped on the bed grunting in irritation, "Y/n why won't you tell me anything, about your conversations with the prince if they pain you so?" Wanda questions.

"Because Wanda I cant." You groan tears threatened to fall from your eyes.

"Y/n/n please," Wanda begged.

"Wanda just pleas leave me!" You yelled.

"If thats what you want." Wanda left you alone like you asked, she went to find, the prince or one of his friends, she went to the prince's rooms, she heard yelling from behind the door.

"Bucky! Your making her feel horrible!" She heard the blonde 'what's his name?' she questioned, 'Oh ya! Steve.'

"Steve, I'm putting space between us, she will never have my love, I'm just letting her know before!" James yelled, She walked in, the attention was turned to her, "What are you doing in here?" James Irritation didn't go unnoticed.

"You're horrible, Y/n doesn't want to marry you either but you have just confirmed what she's always thought of you." Wanda was hurt on her best friend's behalf.

"And what are those thoughts," James questioned.

"That you're just a spoiled brat of a prince." Wanda rolled her eyes, "What did she do to you?"

"She's taking away my freedom."

"And your not taking away hers?" Both Wanda and Steve yelled at the prince.

A/N: Don't ask about the title of the one-shot please, I had to put that in here, Um I hope you like it, if you want a part two jet let me know by commenting liking, or asking, Tell me what you think, feedback is always appreciated, and thank you for 200 reads 💕💕