Chapter 2 • Venti the bard

Y/n pov:

i wiped the tears off my face, my family wouldnt want me to cry. I have to stay strong for them.
But now i dont have anywhere to stay or live since the hillichurls and the other monsters have destroyed the town, including my house.

My worries of a place to stay came to an end when the bard, now known as venti said
"since youre house is ruined, would you like to come with me until you find somewhere to stay?"

I had to think, i have just meet this venti guy and now hes telling me to go with him. For all i know this man could be a bloody murderer! somethings feels sorta off about this guy too.

"No, its fine dont worry i will just stay at a friends house." I answered.

I didnt know if my doubts about venti were right but the feeling of danger around him just makes me feel unsafe.
___________
Venti pov:
__________

Who is this friend of hers... Its not like im going to force her to live with me.. Even though she seems very lovely, kind, sweet, adorable, and amazing...

"Im sorry i have to go.." (Y/n) said in a shaky tone from all the crying.

"Wait, may i acompany you to this friend of yours? Youre condition is quite bad, i dont want you to get hurt!"

Based on when i saw her fighting earlier, she could probaly defend herself without much of a problem. But she seems to not belive in her abilities so maybe.. just maybe she'll let me stick around.

________
Y/n pov:
________

Even if he is dangerous, he's right. Im not a good enough fighter. And i cant die now! The least i can do is live on for my family and friends who's lives were lost! And he is more than capable to protect me..

"Okay sure you may tag along.." i said reluctantly, hoping and wishing that this decision wouldnt be one that i would regret further on.

I could see Venti's eyes light up as i told him my answer. He gave me a goofy grin and gently grabbed my right hand. We held eye contact for a few seconds until i looked away.

3rd person pov:

"Come on then, lets go!" Said The short male as he dragged the female by her hand forward. He kept running around at a fast pace which shocked (y/n) at the start but she managed to keep up.

Maybe he isn't all that bad. She thought to herself.

After running around for a while venti finally realised he didnt know the directions at all
"ehe.. am i going the right way..?" Venti asked, his face turning red from embarassment.

"Actually you're going the wrong way its on the left.."

A small giggle left (Y/n's) mouth, causing Venti to get even more red.

How can she be so damn cute..

The two had been walking for a while now and it was starting to get dark, Venti looked like he was in deep thought and (y/n) was internally panicking.
________
Y/n pov:
_______

Ugh.. this is so awkward! Im terrible in awkward situations like these. Hes probaly also panicking because of how awkward i am, damn it.

"Why are we walking? Flying is so much faster.." He asked completely out of the blue.

"ehm.. well probaly because we cant fly." I was taken by suprise due to the random question. It was so out of the blue and so stupid. Still its kinda cute that hes trying to start a convorsation, atleast i think thats what hes doing..?

"Oh right... i totally forgot about that, haha.." The male instantly became very tense and on guard, as if he was being cautious not to say something like that again.

"You like joking around dont you?" I said with a slight smile on my face
_____________
3rd person pov:
_____________

That sentance made venti blush a bit. Atleast she didnt take him too seriously, otherwise she wouldve probaly thought he was stupid or perhaps just weird.

After a while the sun was gone and had been replaced by the moon, the stars has appeared and the night sky looked beutiful. It was like a million white dots colouring and decorating the nightsky.

Thats when Venti got a idea. You guys needed some rest, and to do that something had to appear to make you intrested enough to stay.

So when you werent watching venti shot a arrow into the night sky and it looked like a shooting star.

(Imagine the sky as a night sky)

Ventis plan worked, you were amazed when you saw the arrow fly by since you thought it was a shooting star. "Can we just take a rest here?" You asked. "Well of course we can windblume!" He answered

You blushed slightly at the nickname he had given you.

And so you guys found a good spot to stare at the night sky, you two laid next to eachother even though venti had asked if you wanted to cuddle. Venti had butterflies the enire time you two were watching the night sky, And his obsession only grew..

She is so cute and innocent, i cant let anyone taint her with their dirty personlity..

__________________________________
Authors note!!
Even though i dont have many readers right now im still happy for every person that chooses to open this book and read <33

I will try to make more chapters for you to read, im sorry if there is any spelling errors. English isnt my first language so i have a hard time spelling some words🫶

I accept any feedback on my story since this is the first time im writing something!🤭

840 words
____
New A/n!
Another chapter fixed up and like 10 more to go!

Thank you all for your support! I cant belive this book reached 11,6k readers! Its insane!

Words: 990