11 - Madness

Since being taken from his Literature Class, the Academic Public Safety Commission has held the Hunter in custody under the accusation that he was human. Although the accusation was indeed true, the fact the Safety Commission had acted on mere words with little evidence was a cause for concern regarding the activities of the group. Circumstantial evidence seemed to point to Hitomi Ishigami disclosing the true forms of him and Tsukune. But even then, that should remain unproven until indisputable evidence of their humanity comes to surface other than mere hearsay.

And yet despite his current predicament, the Hunter remained unconcerned, for his own well-being anyways. But it was the well-being of the other two detainees which held more concern to the Hunter turned educator, whom were Moka and Tsukune.

Moka had remained silent throughout the entire trip, unlike Tsukune who had been frantically turning his attention everywhere as if to look for an escape, her troubled expression as she tried to sort out her thoughts. The Hunter could anticipate the confliction within the vampiress, and the question she wished to ask of him.

Moka raised her head, facing him as she opened her mouth to speak.

~~~~~

Thoughts had swelled within Moka's head throughout her detainment, as she tried to collect and organize her thoughts after the accusation by the Public Safety Commission to Syn-sensei. The potential revelation that Syn-sensei was also a human like Tsukune had never really been a possibility for Moka...

In all honesty, everything that happened until this point now made sense with the possibility that Syn-sensei was also human like Tsukune. Since Syn-sensei knew Tsukune was human and had never transformed into a youkai form even after being placed in so many dangerous situations, like Ishigami-sensei who was one of his co-workers.

But that goes to show all his feats so far were done with a questionably human body, Moka herself questioning whether there had been a human as tall, and as agile, as Syn-sensei was in history, not to mention capable of beating a youkai close to death. But it would also explain why she saw his blood to be so enticing, but why it was more enticing than Tsukune's was a question she didn't know the answer to.

It was all too much to process within a span of an hour. Moka could only do what she thought was best, to ask Syn-sensei directly.

"Mr. Syn...? Are you... really...?" Moka finally let out as she tried to asked aloud, unable to finish the remaining part of the question out of concern.

Having heard about the acts done by the Academic Public Safety Commission from Gin-senpai and having personally experienced it herself by Keito, Moka didn't want to imagine their treatment towards humans if they even treated their fellow youkai harshly for minor inconveniences. Even if Syn-sensei was abnormally strong for a supposed human, Moka still worried for the sheer amount of numbers against them.

"I am." Syn-sensei answered without concern regardless, as if expecting the question from her.

"... Then why didn't you...?"

"You did not ask." Syn-sensei responded again without pause. "Besides, it is a rule to not reveal oneself, no?"

"But... If only I knew back then." Moka timidly reprimanded herself. "Then you wouldn't have been dragged into this..."

"Miss Akashiya, It matters not to me whether anyone knows." Syn-sensei reassured. "This Academy is meant to educate co-existence amongst humanity and monsters. Although admittedly, it is quite difficult to comprehend in this situation."

"Oh... will this will make you think differently of youkai?"

"It does not, the loud minority does not speak for the silent majority."