4.5 - Rumours

Sup, been a while. 

______________

With the fight between the Hunter and Saizou concluded, one that resulted in the latter's defeat, there was no more need to remain at the forest. Classes were soon to commence after all, and he did not want to be tardy. 

With the unconscious Saizou, still in his beastly form, being held by his legs; the Hunter begun to drag the student through the woods before the Academy. He took in his surroundings, mentally creating a map within his head, a habit he had developed and honed through experience.

Just outside the forest and near the academy gates, the Hunter saw Moka up ahead with Tsukune, still unconscious by her shoulders, seemingly awaiting his arrival. When he reached the awaiting student, he raised an eyebrow at her in curiosity. "Did I not say to go on ahead, Miss Akashiya?" The Hunter inquired. "Aono requires medical attention as soon as possible."

Moka fidgeted in place, taking quick and subtle peeks at the top of his head, it was clear what she was concerned of. Though he was unsure whether it was out of worry, or because of her... cravings

"There is no need for concern," he stated, taking off his withered hat to show the worrying student his wounds, or where said wounds should have been, as it had all but healed. 

The student seemed disappointed upon his saying of his wounds healing, further having him believe she was only worried for him for her own cravings.

"Is it really okay to handle Komiya-kun like that?" Moka, eyeing the unconscious student that was still in his youkai form, asked.

"... I pray the commotion with the wall may provide me an opportunity to slip by unnoticed."

"... The one Komiya-kun broke?" Moka asked, a nod being her answer.

"Before I found you three in the woods, he..." the Hunter shifted in place to emphasise who he was referring to. "left unnecessary attention at the wall he destroyed."

Unfortunately for the Hunter, there were a few students who were not paying attention to class, and instead were procrastinating by observing outside the window.

______________

Rumours already ran rampant throughout Youkai Academy of a demonic teacher that took down a delinquent for not complying with school rules barehanded, and that the fight went so out of hand that said delinquent was all bloodied. Although some rumours were falsified, with the Hunter being the sole person who bled as he tried to end their confrontation without issue, the blood, his own blood, which covered his head did not help.

So for the rest of the day, his remaining classes were filled with wary students. The rumours had already spread to even the ears of the Headmaster, who had called him in once the school day finished.

"My apologies, Headmaster. It could not be avoided. I must state that I only act in self-defense." a monotonous Hunter explained, showing no clear regret over his words.

The Headmaster let out an amused chuckle upon hearing the response. "Normally I would fire a member of faculty for breaking the rules. Especially on the first day." (A.N. To anyone who either read the manga or watched the anime, I wonder how many would figure out the bullshït.)

"It is not too late to take back your decision to enlist my tutorlage, Headmaster." the Hunter reminded.

Another chuckle from the Headmaster. "Still adamant about wanting to leave I see, even after I spent such a long time making you these?" The Headmaster emphasised, holding a sealed folder. He placed it on the desk, facing his employee.