9 - Hitomi Ishigami

Tasked with the responsibility of investigating the case of the seven missing female students by the Headmaster, the Hunter made his return to the Academy on the next Monday. This task had lead him to the Art Building, which as the name implies, was the building where the subjects of art were taught, and built separately from the main campus building, making it a location ripe for disappearances.

And one of the faculty members teaching the arts curriculum was Hitomi Ishigami, the main suspect for the disappearances of the seven students.

The building itself was of considerable size, a double story building with numerous rooms filled with supplies for artistry. All rooms were filled with classes from varying year levels with varying types of art related skills being taught. But at the current moment, the Hunter made his way to Hitomi's class. Once arrived, the Hunter opened the classroom door and entered, yet surprisingly little attention was paid to him. The majority of the female students were closely gathered around Hitomi, while the male students were closely gazing at the female students.

"Mr. Syn!" A familiar female voice called out moments after his entry, turning his attention to the source of the voice.

"It is becoming quite coincidental to encounter another, Miss Akashiya." The Hunter responded.

How strange, with the knowledge of Moka coming to his defense in testimony towards the Headmaster during the five day absence for his actions against Tadashi, made the Hunter strangely feel a sense of gratitude towards the vampiress.

"Are you feeling better?" Moka asked with worry. "Miss Nekonome said you became sick."

"My health has improved significantly." The Hunter answered, continuing with the lie of omission that he had been afflicted with an illness. "Although I believed it would be best to be cautious, thus I plan to take another day of rest today."

"Then does it mean you'll be teaching again tomorrow?"

"I shall return to my teaching duties the next day."

"That's good!" Moka cheered. "Mr. Maki looked like he was stressing out from overwork."

"Ah, it was Mr. Maki who was my substitute?" The Hunter asked. "I must give him my gratitude on another time."

"But what brings you here to the Art Building Mr. Syn?" Moka asked in curiosity. "Since you didn't come to teach our class today."

"The Headmaster recommended I take up a past-time to calm my mind." The Hunter replied as a cover for his true objective, to investigate Hitomi and her possible involvement in the missing students case. "Thus before I return to my duties, I believed partaking in contemporary arts would be a suitable usage of my time."

"Then I hope you'll have a fun time! Right now Miss Ishigami is teaching us how to paint."

The Hunter raised an eyebrow at Moka's statement, glancing at the ever so popular Hitomi, still crowded by female students, and back to Moka. Not exactly 'teaching' now, was she?

"A-anyways! The theme for the month is 'What's Important To You'." Moka stated, pointing towards the front of the classroom. 

Glancing at the direction pointed by Moka, there was indeed a sign stating the theme of the month.

'This Month's Theme: What's Important To You?'

With the theme in mind, the Hunter gazed inquisitively at Moka as he held his chin in thought.

"I-is there something on my face?" Moka asked with concerned stutter upon noticing the Hunter's continued glance at her direction, placing a hand upon her face.