10 - Academic Public Safety Commission

Four days has passed after the incident involving Hitomi Ishigami and her role in causing the disappearances of eight female students was resolved, ending in said Art Teacher's indefinite suspension by the Headmaster. Without any further requests by the Headmaster, the Hunter merely returned to his role as an educator the following day afterwards, along with a busy weekend to reorganize his work and rest.

Although there was an incident of note which occurred during these weekends, as the Hunter had been within school grounds at the time to catch up on loss work due to his absence, as well as to give gratitude to Excellent Maki for substituting for him despite the latter's own busy schedule. The incident had involved Kurumu and an obsessive and perverted admirer, one who used even Poisonous Gas in their attempt to assault the succubus. Although his presence was unneeded to resolve the incident, as said succubus dealt with the situation on her lonesome.

It had been a first at the time for the Hunter to bear witness to an advanced technology of this waking world. A 'photographic camera', a device with a purpose to take 'photographs' more lifelike than even the greatest of portrait paintings. After Kurumu had dealt with the incident, Moka had asked of the Hunter at the time whether he wished a portrait of himself to be taken. A strange request at the time, but it was a request the Hunter accepted regardless. 

One reason was because the Hunter felt Moka still held lingering concerns towards him, therefore he accepted to ease these concerns, although another reason he would not admit was because of his curiosity of the technology. It truly was an intriguing combination of technologies, the ability to also 'store' such lifelike portraits within the small 'SD card' truly showed the Hunter the technological advancements as compared to Yharnam. 

Although the Hunter made sure to confiscate the photographic camera after Moka removed said 'SD card', and for good measure, suspended the assailant as punishment of potentially causing emotional trauma to Kurumu, evidence of blackmail and... photographic material of elicit contents of Kurumu.

Other than that, no other incidents of note, now another school week arrived with the new Monday. As was slowly becoming a weekly routine, the Hunter making notice of the Newspaper Club setting up a stall to distribute their newspaper. And as also was becoming routine, the surrounding male student body would in response sending their admiration and compliments of the female Newspaper Club members, and quickly were the newspaper distributed amongst the student body.

Even Yukari had amassed a significant gathering around her. The Hunter recalled it being only a few weeks ago when the student body had shown great disdain for Yukari and her witch heritage, but now she seemed to have amassed great popularity, likely due to proximity and association with Moka and Kurumu he surmised. Although it was certain the young girl was uncomfortable with the amount of attention given her way, possibly also from young men many years her age, judging by her attempt to escape from her recently acquired admirers.

When Yukari noticed the Hunter within the proximity, she immediately ran her way to him, hiding behind him for cover from the growing crowd of male students.

"Help me Mr. Syn!" Yukari cried.

Once the crowd of male students arrived at his and Yukari's location, their enthusiasm immediately halted.

"Uh... it's Syn-sensei." One of the male students muttered with great concern. "We should probably leave." 

The Hunter's presence had temporarily acted as an effective bulwark between the young witch and the crowding male cohort even if unintentionally. With the crowding students immediately scattering to leave both teacher and student on their lonesome.

"Phew... thanks Mr. Syn!" Yukari begun, comedically wiping away imaginary sweat. "Those boys were scaring me."

The Hunter still held lingering regrets of exposing his dangerous side, admittedly still on occasion giving Yukari a wide berth unintentionally. He merely nodded in acknowledgement of the gratitude without a comment, deciding it best to make his way to where he needed to go as faculty.