5 - Kurumu Kurono

Footsteps echoed throughout the the cobbled streets of the city, its once grandiose architecture which brought forth great power now remaining as a sign of its former glory. The once prosperous city of Yharnam had long descended into a state of disorder, having being left abandoned by the Healing Church for its residents to fend for themselves. Many beasts and many hunters abundantly scattered as the city further descends into disarray.

Everywhere one would look, within every corner and cranny, one could taste the despair within the air as the populace fell to madness as they succumbed into their fear.

It was his duty, and the only thing he could do, to end their suffering before further collapse to the already broken city takes place. Although, regardless on what justification he gave to himself, it mattered not.

Within one of the main streets of the city, several of the already succumbed Yharmanites crowded together as they partook in the immolation of a Scourge Beast, a werewolf-like beast which were once human, whom had been tied into a makeshift stake.

They all heard his footsteps growing ever closer, turning to him.

"It's all your fault!"

"Cursed beast!"

"You plague-ridden rat!"

"You foul beast!"

"You are not wanted here!"

They all cursed him for bringing misfortune upon the city, despite him having little to no involvement in their suffering. All armed with armaments as they all crowded towards him, yet he could not say anything to them, only arming himself to confront the angered crowd.

____________

The Hunter awoke in a startle, a cold sweat breaking down his face. His breath haggard as his eyes strained to adjust themselves to the sudden brightness. Once he took a moment to process his surroundings, he noticed it to be his newly assigned dormitory room within the strange new world he found himself in. Only when he realised he was not in immediate danger did he calm down.

'To think I would dream about the hunt.'

The Hunt, his hunt, had certainly took its toll on him. No matter how long he progressed throughout the hunt on that night, it seemed almost as if no time had passed; what could have been a never ending night of hunting could be only a few blinks from another's perspective. The sunrise he saw outside his windows acting as a reminder that the night was indeed over.

It was his second day as a member of faculty, and he intends to remain punctual to set a good example. Even if he was still conflicted on the Headmaster's decision on granting him the role, especially for a teaching facility which taught beasts to blend into human society.

Oral hygiene had long since became a foreign aspect to the Hunter because of his long arduous hunt, yet he had managed to wash up immediately upon awakening. Quick and ready was the key, after he had finished, he decided it was time to stroll to the academy.

The Hunter paused before the door. 'I should withhold my weaponry.' He thought, placing his Chikage and Evelyn onto his desk. Yesterday had been a special case due to sudden circumstances he could not have predicted, which left him forced to bring his armaments along without any chance to place them away. 'It is best to not intimate the students any more than necessary. Ah, my headpiece as well.' The Hunter also thought, removing his trusted tricorn hat, placing it next to his weaponry. Then he left his dormitory room.

______________

Because of the commotion Saizou Komiya had caused the day before - collateral damage, revealing his true form and harming fellow students - just to name a few. It was decided the punishment he would receive was a suspension for a duration, though one could argue that causing all these offenses in a single day on the first day would have warrant an expulsion.