6 - Club Activities

Oh god, I have no idea why the chapters keep getting larger and larger. This chapter alone is ranging at the 5.8k word count when I intended it to be shorter. That's like close to 15 pages for an actual novel.

______________

One month has passed since the academic semester commenced, with nothing of major concern having occurred despite the eventful first week of classes. During that time period, the Hunter had already developed a morning routine; awaken early within the morning, trek towards the Academy filled with beasts (along with his tricorn hat, as it had turned out he would rather have it on his person), attend a brief meeting with faculty upon arrival (as is standard within teaching institutions), then once the meeting concludes, leave to tend to an assigned homeroom.

... Except the Hunter was not assigned to a homeroom, and therefore he had time for himself before classes commenced. In this free time, he would conduct strenuous exercise to maintain his peak performance as lack of movement (hunting) may cause him to grow inept. And the 'gymnasium-cum-auditorium' facility was the location he frequently visited to conduct his exercise. This was how his mornings typically went throughout the month. As the Hunter entered the gymnasium, one of the senior female students who were already inside, took notice and approached him.

"Sorry sensei! We're setting up the gym for our club right now!" The female student, who wore a sports uniform, apologised.

During the month the Hunter begun training in the gymnasium, it became common for him to see sophomore and senior year students conducting morning practise for their sports, rotating between clubs each morning. It was there he had learnt the sports of 'Basketball' and 'Volleyball', and a reason why he was not avoided by the senior student as they became accustomed to his presence. Though today, it seems his morning routine was put to a pause.

"...? Is today different from any other day?" The Hunter inquired.

The student nodded. "It's so we can prepare for Clubs Day."

The topic of the earlier faculty meeting was about the 'Clubs Day' festival. Described as a day full of festivities for after-school clubs to promote themselves to junior students for potential new members, supposedly to better teach human culture to the beasts. It also meant today was a day without any classes to teach, as the student body and faculty would be preoccupied with attending to the 'Clubs Day' festival. And as the Hunter was once told in passing, joining a club was an optional after-school activity an individual student can partake. Although it is optional, it was encouraged for a student to attend for the potential to meet fellow students with similar interests with the purpose of building social connections. Yet he did not think preparations for the festival were done this early within the morning.

"Then I shall make my leave, I apologise for the disruption." The Hunter replied, bowing apologetically.

"It's all good sensei! It's just for today then we can go back to practising together again!"

______________

After the homeroom period has ended, the hallways of the academic building as well as the yard became bustling with life, filled with numerous clubs with their respective stalls advertising themselves, its members primarily consisting of sophomore and senior students, attempting to attract the new junior students as new potential new members.

There was an extraordinary amount of clubs, ranging from sports, hobbies, and many more, including strangely bizarre ones such as the 'Ghost Photography' club, strange to imagine beasts attempt to prove the existence of ghosts, even if he could verify the existence of such specters, having personally hunted them himself. The Hunter also recalled Shizuka telling him she was the advisor of the Newspaper Club, meaning there were clubs focusing on information as well. Truly a wide range and amount of clubs to be had.