𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 we we're forced to go home and rest before the game today. I wasn't feeling to bad considering training was only light.

I decided to ring Bea and see how she's doing, I haven't actually seen her ever since coming back to England from Qatar cuz she decided to go back to Birmingham to see her family.

RINGING : ʙᴇᴀ 🐝

"Hey, what's up?" She sounded tired.

"Nothing, how are you?" I decided to gather all my stuff while talking to her.

"I just woke up, fell asleep after coming back at 4am yesterday." Oh so she's back in London?

"Are you busy today?" There was a loud thump on the other side so I'm assuming she just plopped back onto her pillow.

"No, I was just gonna stay in bed all day, why?"

"You wanna come to my match? I may need a little bit of support. You missed quite a bit," I could not wait to tell her the story.

"Yeah of course, let me come down to your house."

"Okay, let me explain to you, while you're still on the phone cuz when you get here we might have to leave straight up," luckily she could drive so I didn't have to rely on anyone else picking me up.

"Go ahead, I'm just getting ready so I won't reply but I'm listening,"

"I have a spare shirt for you, just bring a nice pair of trousers," I took a long, deep breath and prepared for the essay that was about to come out of my mouth.

"Do you remember how I told you there were new recruits to the men's team and we were training with them for a while?" Bea hummed, so I'm guessing that's a yes.

"Well the new recruit might be João, and he may or may not have told me that he's gonna keep trying to prove we're meant to be together and he may or may not attend tonight's match?" The other line went completely quiet before the silence was overtook by a loud squeal.

"Oh my gosh, that's so cute! Does that mean Janalina is back on?"

"What the hell is a Janalina?"

"Your ship name! Oh my gosh, how romantic is that? He moved halfway across the world just so he can be closer to you? That's all I want,"

"Spain isn't half way across the world, it's literally a neighbour country,"

"You get what I mean! But give me a few minutes I'm nearly there, I'm gonna come inside to change into the top and then we'll get going," I nodded and hung up to go retrieve the top.

It was my own top with the number 11 on it. The shirt was this seasons, I actually really liked this top, it was the home kit so it remained blue, actually the same as the men's kit, just had my number and name on the back.

"Ana, I'm here!"

⚽️⚽️⚽️

We arrived somewhat early at the stadium, there were a few crowds of fans, who only stood at the entrance to see the players walk in. This part always stressed me out.

"Good luck babes, I'll be up in the VIP area thanks to you," she gave me a quick side hug and scattered off through a different entrance. Lucky cow could just run away from the crowd.

"Martinez, Martinez!" I could hear all different types of things being said. I wonder if I'm in the starting XI, that'll be fun right?

I eventually made it in with no injuries this time!  Today is a London Derby and I think the finals for the League, so it's gonna be hectic. Obviously Chelsea we're at the top of the table.

Well we're currently tied with West Ham so that'll be fun fighting for the cup.

Anyways, let's go get ready for the game, hurray.

Kickoff commenced and turns out I am playing the whole 90 minutes, so it's that great? I was playing midfield though so I couldn't complain hopefully this game will go smooth.

It was the 89th minute and there was at least 4 minutes of added time. I'm not even joking at least half of our squad was injured. West Ham's trying to win the world record for most red cards with a score of 6 already.

Luckily the game was over and we just won. Yes, it was a major win, but of course they just had to go and injure Lauren. Her scream genuinely stressed me out for the rest of the game, at least I get to go see her now.

I went towards the infirmary and wow were there a lot of people on there attending my teammates, Lauren was in the corner, covering her face with her elbow.

"Lauren, how you feeling?"

She slowly moved her arm out of her face and looked up at me, there was dirt all over. She had a massive tumble after getting her knee nearly kicked out of its socket.

"It's just such a great day for me, first my car breaks down and then someone tries to break my leg," she was in complete pain from the tone of her voice.

"Can all non-medical staff please leave? It's too overcrowded in here," I held her hand for a second before leaving so she could get proper treatment.

I went upstairs to the VIP section in hopes of finding Bea, but god I never expected her to find her talking to someone.

"Yes, but if it's truly meant to be, it'll be—" I sat down next to her and took a deep breath. Not even looking at whoever she was talking to.

"Hey Ana, good game, but damn were they violent," she grabbed my hand as I leaned against her shoulder. I was trying to catch my breath

"Anyways, I'll be back. I need the toilet," she got up and headed towards the exit. Revealing besides her who she was talking too.

"Hey Lina, good game," he got up and sat closer back down in Bea's seat. Causing me to sit up straight.

"Thank you. Any tips?" I don't even know why I was asking.

"None really, but wow women's games are way more violent than mens ones," I smiled at his appreciation towards the game.

"Well it's not as bad on a normal game, it's just that tensions were high," he nodded, before we realised we were the only people left in the stands.

There was a complete silence, before I realised he was holding me hand.

"Can we continue our conversation from before?" I nodded, completely shocked from the fact he was holding my hand.

"Just let me take you on one date so I can show you everything we do is right," I nodded no. Which made him instantly deflate.

"Joao, you need to stop this, I already said we can't before. Why can't you just leave it?" I let go of his hand and stood up, heading towards the door.

"I don't care how long it takes, I will give you all the time you need Querida,"