𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 brightly painted white. I'm confused, where am I? I looked around at the room seeing all the medical equipment. Until I remembered the past events that actually landed me here. There were a few wires attached to my arm and my other arm in a sling. My foot also felt quite heavy. I lifted the blanket to see it in a cast. Damn, he did a number on me.

I heard the door open as I finally looked back up. A nurse walked in with equipment in her hands. She looked up both shocked and startled at me.

"Miss Martinez, we didn't expect you to wake up so early after the fall you had!" I looked back down, embarrassed at my current state.

"You twisted you ankle at a weird angle, landed on your arm and hit your head as you fell." I didn't think it was that bad, considering how quickly it all happened.

"You have a broken ankle, sprained arm, and suffered a pretty bad concussion. I gave you some painkillers but that'a all I can do at the moment. You need more rest! Are you feeling hungry?" I nodded my head no, and the nurse stepped out of the room. I assumed to give me some time to rest.

I looked up at the TV above and decided to switch it to the match. I think it's getting broadcasted. I didn't think to actually ask.

To my luck, it was. The game had gone into 10 minutes extra time. I don't think I've ever seen that, the concept to me was absolutely mad.

I leaned back onto the pillows. Being extra careful not to hurt my arm anymore. I was watching the game as I spotted the red card above the other teams name. No surprise there.

But what surprised me even more was the red card above ours. I opened my phone up to my live commentary app to see who had gotten it.

João Félix, (79')

Wait he'd gotten a red card right after the incident? Did Mbappe tackle him too? No but that wouldn't explain the red card.

As if my thoughts were being heard again, someone else walked into the room, although I was too preoccupied to actually register their entry and see.

"Lina?"

I looked up to see João standing next to me with a bouquet in his hands. He placed them on the table next to me and took a seat in the empty chair.

"You're watching the game? When did you wake up? Shouldn't you be asleep? Here let me—"

I interrupted him by placing my free hand on his chest. He was breathing frantically.

"Joao, calm down. I am fine. Please sit down," he sat back down and took a deep breath, which was followed by a sigh.

"Now explain to me how you got this red card,"

He was hesitant at first, but after I kept pushing the matter he ended up telling me. Apparently the fight I'd seen before I passed out was between him and Mbappe. I shook my head and leaned back.

"Joao, you should not be getting into fights for silly reasons like that! You could have seriously hurt yourself."

"Are you serious? Look at what he did to you! He deserved it. Idiot had it coming," I smiled at his words, but despite putting himself at harm, i could help but feel cared for.

"Come here and sit next to me, you can watch the game with me," I patted the empty spot next to me with my uninjured arm.

"No! Absolutely not! What if I hurt you?"

"Hurt me even more? Come on, stop being silly," again, he was hesitant but eventually sat at the edge of the bed next to me, I see I played the victim card right. He was too scared to sit properly so I had to drag him closer. He was stressing too much, too scared to hurt me instead of just sitting comfortably.

"Oh my, this game is going horrendously. They've put on another added 5 minutes to the extra 10 minutes."

"Maybe we just make the game better, after we both left, look how badly everyone's playing. More proof that we make it better!" I looked up at him, laughing at his analogy.

"You mean I make it better?" This time he looked down at me and laughed. I was caught off-guard staring at him. I should probably look away, but I didn't. I couldn't dare look away.

He surprisingly didn't look away either. It felt like he was inching closer and closer every second. Up until I could feel the warming sensation I had missed on my lips.

The kiss was long overdue and felt like it solved all my problems. Took all my pain away. When he pulled away, a smile resided on his lips.

"I think that medicine is making you all loopy, because I think you just kissed me" he teased.

"Wait, are you not Neymar?" I teased back.