Chapter 4

The next day.......

I was once again up early, awaiting Ozma's arrival. He had sent a message earlier saying he was about an hour from our camp. I was about to send him another message when a few guards called out to me, pointing to the sky. I spot two other airships in the sky, allowing them to land on the platform in front of me. I motioned to a nearby guard, and he swiftly approached me.

"Find the four and alert them that their ride is here."

He nods and rushes off. I turn back to the ships, their doors opening to reveal Ozma and a few of his people. A smile appeared on his face as he approached.

"It's good to see you." He greets pulling me into a hug.

I don't respond and pull away from his embrace.

"Well your scientists should be arriving shortly. As I promised, they are unharmed."

"Do you not wish to talk?"

"No. I've heard enough from your scientists."

"Then as a friend you deserve more explanation."

"He's right." Robyn states joining us.

I sigh, knowing that my second in command had a knack for stuff like this. I uncross my arms motioning for the two to follow me.

"Then allow us to have a talk somewhere more private."

Ozma motions for his people to stay put, following after me and the blonde. I lead them into our housing unit and into my room. The air was thick with awkwardness and anxiety, none of us choosing to talk for some time.

"So you two know each other?" Robyn begins starting the conversation.

"I do." I admit to Robyn my wings curling around me, "He's a-was a friend of mine."

"Were? What's changed?" Ozma asks, taking a step towards me.

"Look around. Everything's changed. I can't trust anyone nowadays, not even the ones from my past. The only people I know for a fact I can trust are my own."

"Well you're going to have to force yourself to trust me."

"Why?"

"I picked up on your aura. Don't think she did not pick up on it either. She'll be coming for you."

"She? You mean Salem?" Robyn speaks with wide eyes, her gaze moving to me as I take a deep breath sitting down in a nearby chair, "Why would she want Y/N?"

"Y/N is immortal like Salem and I. She was by our sides when we ruled our kingdom and was there when it fell. During that time, she and Salem grew close to one another and started an affair. When the rift between me and Salem eventually reached its climax, Y/N disappeared, and we both thought she died while we were fighting. Well that was until I felt a distinguishable and one of a kind aura. I planned on tracking you down after I located the scientists but here they are with you."

I take another deep breath composing myself as I close my eyes, "I regret it you know."

"There's no need to explain yourself or your regret. It's in the past and there's more pressing issues to worry about."

"You're right," I said getting up, "You and your people need to leave."

"What? Y/N we can-"

"I don't care. Salem most likely knows what you're doing, and by housing you make my people a target. These people are like a family to me. I won't let anything happen-"

"She doesn't know."

"How sure are you?" I ask but he remains quiet, "See you don't even know-"

"Y/N if she knew then she'd already be after us! Yes their ship was attacked by Nevermore but that was just a coincidence. If she truly knew then she'd be sending every grimm, huntress, and huntsmen she has to our walls, but she hasn't!"

I narrowed my eyes at him as he approached, still continuing his rant, "We could be on the verge of returning the world to at least some kind of normalcy! The cure not only stops the grimm venom but in some cases, it's even turned some of the grimm huntsmen and huntresses."

"Where are they then?"

"I-Well like I said the cure is still under work. Sadly shortly after turning back to their human forms those people died."

Robyn stares at him with shocked eyes, "It's really done that?"

"Yes. We're trying to perfect it which is also why I sent my people out here. I know they said that they were sent to gather more people for our cause, which is a half-truth. I had also sent them out here in search of more grimm huntsmen. I did not know your settlement was here."

"Y/N if what he says his true then-"

"Robyn, you know how I feel about hope."

"I know Y/N but if we succeed Ozma's right. We can restore everyone who's been turned, restore the kingdoms and the world-"

"And if we fail? Salem will turn mostly all of us, including me. She'll erase any mention of the cure and become harsher-"

"What do we have to lose to not take this chance? Most of us have already lost family members, loved ones, children, and the list goes on. They want revenge and if the cure is the way our people are willing to take it."

I take another deep breath, "We'll assemble the people for a vote. If they agree we'll help you Ozma but if they don't I want you gone by tonight."

"You have my word."

I turn to Robyn, "Assemble the people."

She nods and rushes out of the room. Ozma and I share a look and he follows me out and towards an old movie theater that we use to take our votes.

I took my place in the front where a platform had been added. I motion for Ozma to take a seat beside me, the people beginning to file in. Ozma's were among them, the group looking confused but followed the others. After about ten minutes everyone was accounted for, Robyn taking her seat next to mine as I approached the edge of the platform.

"I apologize for the sudden request to gather but we need a vote as soon as possible." I state my wings extending themselves as I look over the crowd, "This other leader behind me, who I've had a past with, has alerted me that they have a cure in the works. It's able to stop the grimm venom and it has successfully brought huntsmen back from their grimm forms, but it did not, however, keep them alive after that."

I folded my arms behind my back as I paced the platform, "I have brought you all here to vote whether to help him or send his people on their way. I would however like to point out that if we agree to help him, it will make us a bigger target. Salem will come at us with everything she has once she finds out. I know most of you have lost people to the grimm and her huntsmen so those who wish to have revenge the cure maybe the way."

Robyn stands as I take my seat, the blonde looking out to the crowd with a determined gaze.

"Those in favor of sending the group on their way, raise your hands."

A few raise your hands and the blonde takes quick notes of them.

"Now those in favor of helping them?"

Most of the room raises their hands, a few of them shouting their support at possibly giving the immortal queen a blow.

"It has been decided. We shall help them with their cure!"

The room erupts into cheers, a few people cursing the grimm queen. I turned to Ozma who had a happy look on his face.

"Well it looks like we'll be working together."