Chapter 2

Third Person POV

"And you said she was a dragon faunus?" Salem asks, clasping her hands in front of her while she stares down at the kneeling duo.

"Yes my queen. She was able to melt through my binds."

"And what about the fighters with her? Were they capable of keeping up with you both?" The grimm queen presses, her thoughts pushing forward Sienna's reports from a few weeks ago detailing a small group of humans and faunus being led by a familiar dragon faunus.

"Y-Yes." Raven admits a look of shame flashing across her face, "But if she did not interfere then their defense would've easily-"

"Enough." Salem states leaning back in her throne, "Raven you will join Sienna and Ilia and gather as much information as you can about the group and the dragon faunus. Once you have achieved that then report back to me."

"Yes my queen."

Salem dismisses the two of them bringing her hand to her chin. It couldn't possibly be her right? After all these years? Surely, she would've picked up on her aura when she used her dragon fire. Then again in order to pick up on it Salem would've needed to be close to her. Perhaps when she uses her other abilities, she'll be able to finally tell if it was her beloved Y/N. Although for now all she could do was be patient.

Your POV

"I love you." I muttered into her hair as she laid her head on my chest.

"I love you too." Salem responds with a smile looking up at me.

Her pale hand cups my cheek, her eyes gazing at my lips as she raised her head. I met her halfway, our lips meeting in another one of many kisses that day. It doesn't take long for the kiss to become heated, the goddess sliding her body on top of mine. My hands grasp her hips while her tongue prodded at my lips, wanting to be let in. Knowing how demanding the queen could be I let her in, fighting her for dominance in the kiss. Her hands removed themselves from my cheeks, sliding down and settling for my shoulders as she pinned me to the bed. I groan allowing Salem dominance in the kiss. However, we didn't get to go much further.

"Salem?" Ozma's voice calls from the hallway.

Salem leaps off of me, straightening her dress just in time as Ozma opened the door. The man smiles spotting his wife, but soon a look of confusion overcomes his features when he spots me.

"Why is Y/N in our bedroom?"

"Oh she wasn't feeling well. I was going to take her back to her room, but she almost collapsed in the hallway. Our room was the closest." Salem lies. her face contorting into one of worry to sell the lie.

"That's not good. Do you want me to get a healer Y/N?"

"N-No." I stuttered a sense of shame coming over me as I went along with the lie, "I just was exhausted from some sparring earlier. I should be able to get up in a few more minutes."

"Don't rush yourself." My friend smiles, placing a hand on my shoulder, "Take all the time you need. Salem we'll talk later."

Ozma walks out of their bedroom, Salem and I share a look as the door shut.

My eyes snap open, the dull gray of the ceiling greeting them. I groan turning onto my side while I contemplate getting up. Sadly the decision is made for me when someone knocks on my door.

"Who is it?"

"Your best friend." I hear Nighttra's voice as I roll onto my back.

"Aren't you usually still asleep? What are you doing up so early?"