Chapter 10

I lay there in Salem's arms for about half an hour, the grimm queen surprisingly having fallen asleep some time ago. For some reason I still found it comforting that she was still comfortable enough in my presence to not only relax but fall asleep as well. The poison's affect slowly dissipates as the minutes passed. Eventually I decided to see how sore I was. I attempt to roll onto my side, only to have her arms move me back. 

"Just a few more minutes darling." She mumbles, her brows furrowing while I continue to move. 

"Salem I need to see if the poison finally left my body."

Her eyes open, her beautiful red orbs gazing into mine. 

"There's no need. Seeing how you're moving around so much with little to no soreness or pain I'd say it's out of your system."

"We still need to make sure."

She sighs and her arms retract from my waist. Her eyes watch me carefully while I stand, and to be honest, I was waiting for my legs to collapse from underneath me like earlier. However, this didn't happen. In fact, they were quite stable, even as I walked and jogged around the room. Meanwhile Salem was watching in amusement, her red orbs watching my every movement. Well that was until I stretched out my wings, wanting to see if they had been affected. Upon seeing this Salem shot something out from her palm, the black rope like thing wrapping around my waist and pulling me towards her. 

"I think that's enough love. Besides you don't have enough room in here to try out your wings."

"I beg to differ-"

"Y/N." She cuts me off, her tone suggesting me not to argue with her. 

I sigh but decide to not argue with her. I roll onto my side and face her, studying her features for a few minutes. She raises her eyebrow at me but doesn't speak. Although her pale skin suddenly reminded me of my 'family', especially Nighttra and Robyn. 

"Salem...where are my friends?"

At first, she remains silent, her hand pausing as she reached out to touch my hair. Another sigh leaves her, and she rolls onto her back, breaking eye contact with me. 

"Most of them are in cells. A few did fall to my grimm however. Now in case you wanted me to be more specific, the blonde named Robyn is just now undergoing her transformation. Winter took it upon herself to not only turn her but to monitor her condition. Your friend Nighttra is nearing the end of hers."

I nod frowning at the news. It was obvious what would happen if we were defeated, but I still wish I could've gotten them to safety. I jump when Salem's hand suddenly touched my head, but the grimm queen ignored my action. 

"Now that I've answered a question of yours, will you answer a question of mine?" Salem asks running her pale hand through my hair.

"It's only fair." I respond shrugging my shoulders. 

"Where is Ozma?"

My blood runs cold and my whole body tenses. Upon sensing my negative emotions, she turns to me her red eyes glowing bright. 

"I um don't know." I half lie, "He gave me the coordinates so when your forces did attack, my people would be safe. Although they were on my scroll and gods know where it is now. It's probably been crushed."

"Ozma's always been the one to cling onto hope." She responds getting up, "However his cure won't threaten my new kingdom. I'll make sure of it."

"He said-"

"Oh I've been told from Yang, and some of your people, about what he said about the cure. He claimed that it could stop grimm venom and yet your friend Nighttra, despite having the cure, has is still being turned. Then he made the outrageous claim that he reversed the venom and returned some back to their human forms. It's certainly outrageous. Did you think for even a second, he could've been-"

"No. He wouldn't lie about something as important as that."

"Important?" She turns to me her eyes still glowing, "From what I've heard you claimed to be neutral in our conflict. Yet here you are stating that his cure is important. Have you been helping him this whole time? Did you both try and hide your presence from me?"

"No." I huff getting up, "And don't ever accuse me of that again. I love both of you. He is like my brother and you, well, it's self-explanatory. After seeing you both kill each other and the children, I didn't want any part of it. That's why I hid myself from the two of you. I knew that you'd both seek me out, wanting my help to take out the other. When your forces attacked, he had only just discovered me a few days prior."

"And yet you still agreed to help him develop this cure."

I open my mouth but there was no defending my actions. My wings droop while I drop my gaze to the floor unable to look to at Salem. I hear her approach me before she cups my cheek, gently raising my head to look at her. She's silent as her thumb rubs across my cheek, seeking to comfort me. My wings tense before returning to their original position, a telltale sign to the grimm queen that I was feeling better. 

"I know though you'd want forgiveness from me, which is why you're going to help us track down him and his cure." 

My eyes widen, "I do not-"

"Silence my love." She interrupts placing her finger on my lips, "Now come. I'm sure you'd like to check in on your friends. When they fully turn, I'm afraid you won't be seeing them often. Their lovers missed them dearly." 

The grimm queen turns not giving me a chance to respond. She walks towards the door, opening it before motioning me to follow her with a wave of her hand. My shoulders slump while my mind stays on my predicament, my feet moving for us as I followed her out into the hall.