Chapter 3

Nighttra and I walk back to the cells after dropping off the bikes. Robyn and another guard stood outside the cell, the four having already been searched and stripped of their weapons.

"-are we being held prisoners!" One of them shouts pacing the cell, "We've already proven we're not dangerous."

"No you haven't." I interrupt the scientist glaring at him.

Robyn hands me their IDs, recognizing the male scientist to be Lucas Glover.

"So Lucas Glover seeing how you're the most talkative at the moment-where are you from?"

"None of your business." Orson, one of the soldiers, spoke glaring at me.

"It is my business since you almost crashed into our settlement and attracted more grimm to us. Not to mention we saved your lives. You are in no position to deny me answers."

"The only answer I can give you is that we were on a classified mission."

"What's the mission?"

"Didn't you just hear what I fucking said?" Orson growls storming up to the bars, "I can only tell you-"

Having been fed up with his attitude I yanked him closer, delivering a harsh punch to his nose which sent him flying back in the cell. As he hit the wall it was clear that he was unconscious. I then turn to the remaining three, all having looks of fear on their faces.

"Anyone else want to be smart?"

They all shake their heads no.

"Now I'm going to ask you again-what is this classified mission?"

Kassia, the other scientist gulps, shuffling forward to answer, "W-We are developing a cure."

"A cure?" I ask as Robyn and Nighttra share a look.

She nods, "We had prototypes that were somewhat successful in stopping the grimm venom. Our leader sent us out to find more people and rally them to our cause, helping us to further work on the cure."

"Who is your leader?"

"A man named Ozma."

My breath hitches at the name, my eyes widening, "What was that name?"

"O-Ozma."

At the sound of the familiar name my wings extend on instinct, almost smacking Y/N and Robyn in the face. Ozma was like a brother to me. I may have done some things behind his back, but I regret those things. I wish I could've made things better between us, although their fight happened shortly after. I had not seen either of them since. I took a deep breath, composing myself as my allies looked on with worry.

"Y/N is everything alright-"

"Does she know?"

"She? What do you mean?" Jacy the other soldier speaks up with a look of confusion on her face.

"He didn't tell you?"

"Tell us what?"

I ignore her question, my eyes narrowing at the wall. If Salem is aware of what they're doing then they only bring danger to my people. I don't care if they're trying to develop a cure, they need to be gone before we suffer any consequences.

"Is there any way you can get back into contact with Ozma?"

"Yes he'll answer my scroll-"

I turn to the other guard, "Get them their scroll."

She nods and quickly rushes down the hallway.

"Y/N what are you doing?" Robyn asks as my gaze stays on the prisoners.

"Getting these people out of our home before they can cause any trouble."

A few minutes later the guard comes back, handing me the scroll. I don't waste any time going through the contacts until finding Ozma's.

"Kassia we've been-"

"Hello Ozma." I greeted the now dumbfounded leader, "Your group crash landed not too far from my camp. I'm calling you because I want them gone as soon as possible from my camp."

Ozma was still staring at me in disbelief, "You're, you're alive."

"I am." I respond ignoring his emotional state, "I'm sending you my coordinates now. I will give you a maximum of three days to come and get them. If they're still here then I hope they can survive in the grimm infested wild."

"You're close enough where I'll be able to be there tomorrow." He replies, "I hope you know that we'll be having a discussion as well."

Before I could respond he hung up, and I handed the scroll back to the guard.

"Take Orson to the medic and release them from the cell. Let me know if they cause any trouble."

The three nod, watching in shock as I walk away from them.

Third Person POV

"-then used a roar which empowered not only her allies' speed but their strength as well." Raven reports from the other seer.

Salem smirks her eyes glowing, "Be prepared to attack the facility in a few days' time. I'll send reinforcements to your location. Do not let her get away."

Raven nods, the grimm queen ending the conversation and sending the seer away. A smirk appeared on her face as she looked out the window, her gaze landing on the grimmified huntress and huntsmen.

"I've finally found you my love. You won't get away this time."

A few minutes later the rest of team RWBY, Winter, and Pyrrha enter the room. They kneel down in front of their queen, Salem turning her attention to them.

"I'm sending you all to provide reinforcements to Sienna's group. Pyrrha will lead the attack on the camp. I want you to extract a dragon faunus by the name of Y/N. I will not tolerate any failure."

"We would never fail you my lady. Y/N will be retrieved." Winter states earning a nod from the queen.

"Good. Now you will embark immediately."

The group nods saluting her before leaving Salem to her dark, obsessive thoughts.