Chapter 12

Salem leads me into her throne room where Winter and a grimmified Ironwood waited. A few others were around the table as well, but I didn't recognize them. The grimm queen walks to her throne but I remain a few feet away, surveying everyone in the room carefully. 

"Summon the others. They'll need to be here for our plan."

Winter nods stepping out into the hallway to retrieve them. As the door shut, I turned meeting Salem's gaze. Instead of meeting my gaze her eyes flicker to Ironwood. 

"Have you found him General?"

"No but we do have a few leads. I have some of the best huntsmen out there now-"

"You can't find Ozma without me." I interrupt causing him to snap his head towards me. I continue trying to seem unbothered by the general's gaze, "He knows your tricks. Although he doesn't know mine."

"What are you suggesting?"

"Give me a scroll. I can call him and find out where he is."

"And if he doesn't answer?" She asks as Winter rejoins us with team RWBY, Raven, Cinder, Emerald, and Sienna. 

"We can track the signal. It doesn't matter if he answers or not."

She stares into my eyes debating for a few seconds. Her gaze moves to Ruby, the queen motioning for her to grab my scroll. The shorter girl rushes back a few seconds later, eagerly handing me the scroll with a smile. Yang and Blake scoot closer to me as I dial Ozma's scroll, the tension building in the room with each passing second. After it rang, I got no response. Salem silently motions for me to call again. I do so and we waited once more. This time however, Ozma picked up.

"Y/N!?"

"Hey Ozma." I smile earning a frown from the grimm queen. 

"Are you alright? I hadn't seen you since your base was attacked-"

"Yeah I am. I fled into the forest to escape her grimm huntsmen. I only just now was able to go back into my old compound and retrieve my scroll."

"At least you're okay. Are there any other survivors with you?"

"Yes but it's only a few and Nighttra. Despite being in rough shape I was able to sneak her out."

"The cure hasn't eradicated the venom yet?"

"No. In fact, that's why I called you actually. There is something serious I need to discuss with you regarding her health and your cure. We need to meet immediately."

"If it's that dire then it's best we speak in person."

"I agree."

"I'll send you my location. I'll be happy to see you again, hopefully with no new scars."

I laugh, "I'll see you soon my friend."

A ping of guilt overcame me when I ended the call. I mean who wouldn't? I'm betraying my best friend, a man who I saw as a brother. Yet it was his false hope that I got into this mess. I should've just sent him away after gathering his scientists. Once he sent me his coordinates, I pulled it up on the holo table in front of me. 

"He's here." I state zooming in on the location on the map. 

A smirk appears on Salem's face, her eyes flickering to Winter and General Ironwood. 

"Y/N I'll give you a small window to require the information you need from Ozma. Once that time is up, I'll be sending in my huntsmen."

I nod and she lets me leave the room while they begin to plan their attack. 

Pyrrha POV

We watch Y/N leave the room, our queen turning her discussion to the two generals. I hesitate waiting for the right moment to step forward. After a few minutes I do so, lightly hitting my spear against the floor and clearing my throat. Salem's eyes immediately snap to my form, a small spike of fear rushing through me. 

"What is it Pyrrha?"

"Should we follow Y/N? We can trust Y/N but what of Ozma? We are not certain he won't try anything." Salem brings a finger to her chin seeming in thought and I continue, "What if he suspects Y/N of being turned? She will be one against many in his camp."

"And you propose I send you?"

"I propose you send me and a few others. We cannot be too careful with Y/N's safety."

"Very well. I trust you to pick from my huntsmen." She motions for us to leave, "But stay hidden unless you are needed. If you are spotted, then you'll ruin our plan."

"We won't." I state saluting her, "And we'll make sure no harm comes to Queen Y/N."