Chapter 13

It took quite some time but after a few hours I finally made it to Ozma's hideout. Ozma was waiting for me a smile making it's way on his face as I landed in front of him.

"Glad to see you are alright. Where's Nighttra?"

I stretch out my wings trying to get rid of the soreness, "I had to leave her at the camp. She went unconscious and she's wheezing. I deemed it too unsafe for her to travel. I have a few others keeping an eye on her."

"A wise decision. Please tell me of her condition." He states patting me on the shoulder and leading me into a small tent. 

"Well like I said on the call earlier she's wheezing. It's clear she's having difficulty breathing. More of her skin is becoming stark white like the grimm and her veins are slowly turning black. She also is in some kind of coma."

"That's not good. It sounds like the venom is winning." He sighs placing his hand on his chin. 

"But you said-"

"I know what I said but remember not all cases ended in success. Few were cured, some turned, or in the rare occasion died."

"You did not-"

"Y/N I cannot fully say what is happening to her without seeing her condition for myself. As I said it sounds like the venom is winning but it could by chance be the opposite."

As he continued, I couldn't help but feel guilty. Here was my friend willing to help cure my friend and yet I'm leading the enemy straight to him. His people, his dream of freeing the world, the hope, it's all going to die within a few days, all because of me.

"-we must make plans to escort her here. It's possible with enough injections that the cure can defeat it. I-" Ozma pauses seeing the conflicted look on my face, "Is something wrong Y/N?"

"Look there is...another reason why I'm here. Yes Nighttra's condition is worsening but," I take a deep breath running my hand through my hair, "Salem's found you."

"What?"

"She's found you."

"I-How-"

"Look I thought it best that I told you in person. She should be here in a few days-"

"Wait hold on." He states holding a hand up to me, "How do you know this?"

"I had overheard a few grimm huntsmen talking about it. They were able to find my scroll and track the location of your base."

Ozma takes a deep breath as his hands settled on hips, "Then we have no time."

"I agree however we can still strengthen your defenses by the time she gets here."

"My defenses, no matter how strong won't hold back the horrors she will unleash on me and my camp. There is only one solution."

"And what is that?"

"You."

"Me?"

"You see my cure isn't complete. While it was successful in some cases it wasn't in others."

"So you lied to me-"

"But your blood on the other hand it holds the key."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You see I too brought you here for another agenda. Y/N you're one of the only dragon faunus' left. Not only that but the gods gave you immortality like Salem. I had tested a few vials of your blood from your camp against the grimm venom. It never lost to the venom-not once."

"You said she could turn me. You preyed on my fear-"

"You are invulnerable to the venom on the outside. However, there is a chance she could still turn you. You'd have to be drowned in the venom in order to fully turn. As horrifying as that is it's the truth."

"So you both wish to use me? Some friends we all are huh?"

"I could say the same to you. You abandoned the world, and us, when we needed you."

Before I could get another word in a squad of guards entered the room. They eyed me cautiously, their eyes flickering between Ozma and I. He nods at them, and they hesitate before making their way towards me. At first, I thought about fighting them but decide against it. Ozma would need all the bodies he could throw at Salem, even if his fate is inevitable. I don't spare them a glance as they cuffed me, keeping my cold gaze on the man in front of me. 

They escort me outside a few of my huntsmen looking confused as they dragged me towards another building. Some of them try to go towards us but are pushed back by other guards. I could tell the tension was rising as a few of my people began to argue with them. Although I didn't get to see the outcome as we entered the new building. The guards searched me before unlocking a large door, revealing a row of cells. A few were already occupied-some of the inhabitants seeming to grimm huntsmen undergoing the cure. I try to ignore their pained gasps and crying but it was extremely difficult. We stop at a cell on the far-left end, the doors opening before the guards tossed me in. They removed the cuffs and quickly left me alone with Ozma. 

"I need a fresh source of your blood for the strengthening of the cure. I'm sorry old friend but this where you'll be staying. With Salem on the horizon, I must work with haste." 

"Ozma listen to me-"

Instead of listening my friend turned a cold shoulder, straightening his back before walking away.