Chapter 8

"Fuck." I curse watching as the wave of grimm invades the camp.

At the sounds of the shouting more of my people emerge from their homes, taking on the grimm without a second thought. I join them cutting down a few grimm along the way. It's not long however until one of the grimm huntresses come for me, and with my luck it ends up being the older Schnee.

"Winter Schnee." I greet her brandishing my weapons.

"Y/N L/N." She responds getting into an attack position.

The older Schnee gives me a glare before dashing forward. Her speed was impressive, and I barely had enough time to dodge her sword. I followed up my dodge by slashing at her waist, but she jumped out of the way. Winter then summoned a glyph midair, using it to dash towards me again. This time I met her halfway, our weapons clashing while both of us tried to gain the upper hand.

"You won't escape this time." Winter snarls with a heavy push, "We won't allow it."

"Well you're going to have to." I smirk, igniting my blades.

The grimm huntress hisses as the flames hit her face, forcing her to jump away from me. Our fight went back and forth for quite some time, moving through the small, ruined camp while we tried to hit one another. Winter unsheathes a smaller dagger when she lunges at me, my blades stopping the two weapons just meters from my face. I snarl at her but only receive a smirk in return. Before I could process the next attack, a shield flew into my side, knocking me away from Winter and leaving me breathless.

A wheeze leaves me while I get back to my feet, my angry glowing eyes meeting Pyrrha's green ones. The two move to charge my weakened state but are suddenly stopped by a barrage of arrows. The spartan is forced to protect the two of them, glaring at the sudden intruder.

"2 on 1? I expected some more honor but then again, you're now grimm." Robyn states jumping down next to me as she glared at the pair.

"Hello beloved." Winter greets Robyn, her gaze holding nothing but obsession and lust.

"You're not my beloved anymore." The huntress sneers back pointing her weapon at her.

Winter doesn't reply, merely sharing a look with Pyrrha before the red head's gaze falls to me. Robyn stands in front of me protectively, her glare turning more deadly. The older Schnee's eyes glowed a dark red while she observed Robyn's movements.

"You'll be seeing differently once we're through."

"I doubt that." Robyn answers back, her eyes shifting to my form as she speaks, "Y/N go. I can handle these two."

"Robyn-"

"Go. Someone must lead our people."

Before I could stop her, she rushed the Schnee, the three engaging into a battle. Although just as I turned a corner, I paused hearing Robyn's painful cry. I clutch my weapons as my breathing became ragged, a wave of rage rushing over me while I realized I was being a coward. Robyn stood no chance against those two.

"Y/N what should we do? The grimm are everywhere!" One of my people call out.

"Get to the ships!" I order them taking some of my rage out on an alpha Beowolf, "Follow Ozma back to his camp. You'll be safe there!"

"What about you and Robyn?"

"Don't worry about us. We'll cover you until you escape."

"Wait, you're staying?" Someone asks while I took down another Death Stalker

"Yes."

"If you think we're leaving either of you here you have another thing coming!" Raya, one of my soldiers states, joining my side and shooting down a few Sabyrs.