Chapter 17

*Rose's POV*

I was in the Doctor's arms again.

"What're we going to do?" I asked quietly into his shoulder. I felt his hand run gently up and down my back, which relaxed me slightly.

"I don't know. I hate how I don't know anything anymore!" He forced a small frustrated smile as he pulled me out of his arms to face him. "But we'll figure something out. I will never let you go."

"Don't ever leave me," I whispered, falling back into his shoulder again like a child.

"I never, ever will."

~~~

Just minutes later, the entire building shook, out of the blue. People were thrown to the floor and objects slid off desks everywhere.

"Tell me that's just an earthquake!" The Doctor shouted as the two of us struggled to keep our hold on each other and the table we had been sitting at.

I saw Martha run to a nearby window. In one swift pull, she opened the blinds on it, revealing the outside world to us. "Oh God, not again!" Martha cried out as she tried to take a step back from the window, nearly falling in the process.

"What is that?" I asked as I squinted at the window from where I struggled with the Doctor. "Is that rain?"

"Oh no," the Doctor sighed, then began to shout orders. "Everyone, get air masks. Mr. Torchwood, you have those, don't you?" Mr. Torchwood nodded and directed everyone to said masks. The Doctor pulled me up in one strong swoop of his arm and pulled me urgently toward Martha.

"I'm guessing they'll be looking for an alien fugitive again," he stated to her. "Do you have any in custody? Here?"

Martha shook her head. "No, I don't believe so. It's strictly paperwork and computers here, there's another station far north for that."

The Doctor thought for a moment. "Well, I'll just have to tell them that then. I don't want anyone to have to go through the same thing that the hospital patients did. Go to Torchwood, tell him that I'll get everything under control as soon as possible." Martha nodded and started to leave, but he grabbed her with his other arm and said, "Don't let them use all the air up yet. Try to preserve it."

"Doctor, what is going on?" I asked as Martha left.

He turned to me as if just noticing me for the first time since the "earthquake". His eyes were wide, but soon softened as he looked at me. "This has happened before, Rose, remember? I told you about the hospital on the moon, and the upward rain? This is the same thing. Someone-- probably Judoon and the Shadow Proclamation, are looking for a fugitive."

"Upward...rain?" I noticed that indeed, the rain was moving up instead of falling down; also, the entire building was still trembling slightly. I huffed a breath. "Well, let's talk to those Judoon then, shall we?"

"No Rose. You need to go hide, be safe. Go with Martha and Torchwood," he said.

I crossed my arms. "No, I'm coming with you."

The Doctor hesitated. "Rose--"

I stomped my foot down. "I'm coming with you." I repeated. "Never leaving each other, remember?"

The Doctor sighed, but a small smile spread across his lips and his hand retained it's hold of mine. "Right. Let's go, Rose Tyler."

"I think you mean allons-y," I grinned at him. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye and smirked.

We walked to the main entrance of the building, two large glass doors. The building had stopped shaking, and seemed to have landed gently on the moon. Outside, on it's surface, I saw them: large, black-armored and rhino-headed creatures with guns marching towards us in orderly lines from an enormous ship. The sight would have scared me if the Doctor wasn't clutching my hand so closely that it began to sweat.