Chapter 11

So, I wanted this to be a chapter with Rose (finally), but it wouldn't work with Rose's just waking up- OOH SPOILERS YES SHE (might) WAKE UP.
OR... I could let her die in the Doctor's arms...who knows?
(Psst...I'm not that evil. If I was that evil it would kill me.)

AAANYwaayy, enjoy.

*The Doctor's POV*

Hot tears streaming down my face, I hepled Jack put Rose onto a hospital/ infirmary/ TARDIS bed. I felt her forehead.
She was growing cold.

"Rose. Rose! Wake up for me, yeah? Please..." I said quietly, lightly tapping her cheeks, as if that could help her.

Jack asked urgently, "Can we give her something to help her? There's gotta be something in here-"

In answer, I rushed over to a medicine cabinet, reading labels, throwing each one behind me in frustration when I it they wouldn't help. What on Earth (or off Earth) could restart a human heart? Did the TARDIS have such a medicine?

No. She didn't. But maybe she shad those things that jump start the heart with a shock? I couldn't recall their name in the panicked moment, but I knew it might help my Rosie.

Please don't die on me! I thought to myself over and over. She helped me to live after the Time War, and I could never go on living without her. An Earth song, popular sometime a few years later in the future of where I found her that first day in the shop, lingered in the back if my mind.

Oh won't you
Stay with me?
Because I'm
On my knees.

I was still crying as I looked for the heart-starter thing. Normally, I wouldn't cry in front of Jack, or anyone. But in that moment, I wouldn't have cared if Rasillon and the entire High Council of Gallifrey saw me sobbing. I just wanted to keep my Rose for good this time.

Is that too much to ask?! Is it?!

When I finally found them, I sprinted back to the bed, where Jack was unsuccessfully trying to wake Rose. He seemed to have a few tears on his face too. I had forgotten how much he loved Rose too. They must be like brother and sister. In the back of my mind, I made an off-topic mental note that if-when- Rose and I get married, Earth style, I would make Jack my best man.

I powered up the heart starters, and out them to Rose's chest. Pressing a button, I felt the machines vibrate then shock Rose, causing her diaphragm to jump into the air, and fall back to the bed with a crash.
Where she lay still.

"Why isn't it working?!" I shouted angrily. "Jack, you know how to do this, right? You know how to work this stupid human technology?"

Jack looked surprised. "Well, yes, I suppose-"

"Then do it. Restart her heart. Go." I said sharply, handing him the heart starters. He took them from me quickly but cautiously and tried to do what I attempted. As he did so, I reflected in my words, and remembered what Rose had said once, a long time ago: "When he's stressed, he likes to insult species." She was right. As always.

After a few tries, Jack said, "Doctor, it won't work." I started to protest, but, "-I'm sorry, Doctor. I am so sorry, but I don't think there's anything we can do-"

"We have to try something!" I screamed. Picking something up, some random object that was probably important, I threw it across the room. As my heart sank deeper and deeper, I sank to the floor, into a huddled mass of tears and angry sobs, clutching my knees and rocking back and forth like an mad man. Broken as I was, there was always room for more damage on my cracked hearts.

Rocking there, on the floor of the TARDIS, I thought about everything that Rose had done for me. All the joy she brought into the lonely TARDIS and my lonely life, from the moment I met her. I was praying for death after the Time War, praying for an end to all the guilt and sufferable memories. But my Rose Tyler, she made me want to live again. She was my savior. She believed in me.
And I believe in one thing, just one thing-
I believe in her.

I knew what I had to do.

Slowly lifting my head from my arms, I pushed myself to stand. I walked to the bed, where a now lifeless Rose laid, almost peaceful, but not happy.
I felt Jack staring at me, probably worried for my sanity. He had good reason to, anyway. I hadn't acted this way in years. If there was any a time I would need Rose, it would have been then. How ironic, that when I needed Rose most, it was when I had broken down because of her not being there.
Happened quite a lot before she came back today, actually.

But I knew what I had to do.

I leaned down toward Rose's lifeless body, and reached my hands to her, one hand on her cheek, the other clutching her hand.
I was ready to save Rose.

Let's put this regeneration energy to good use now, shall we Rose? I thought, as that same golden light seeped out of my hands and into her body.

And that was my plan- to use some of my regeneration energy to bring Rose to life again. Because, if she died, wouldn't I just be using it anyway, for my own death? Because surely, I wouldn't be able to sustain this living form of myself without her. So, why not use it to bring her back?

If the Time Lords were still alive, I
would probably be tried in a court and thrown in jail for the remainder of my regenerations for doing this. There was an old law saying not to interfere with the death of any creature in the universe, if it concerned having to use time travel or regeneration energy. Whoops. Well, I am the only one left anyway, so who's left to stop me? I'm the Time Lord Victorious...

"Doctor, are you sure about thi-" Jack has mad started to say, but suddenly, a large, long, and hoarse breath emicipated from Rose! I laughed loudly with a newfound glorious joy. She opened her eyes slowly, and the first thing she laid eyes on was me. She smiled.

"Hello again, Doctor. Erm, what happened?"

I grinned, and, laughing with tears still wet on my face, I took her face with both my hands, and kissed her for a very long time.

THANK GALLIFREY. I HAVE MY ROSE BACK, my mind screamed.

Okayyy, so yeah. She's alive. Duh! I would never do that to you it myself! I would DIE!! And yeah, I wrote it at 2 AM, so it's a little rough. Sorry. And sorry it took so long! My iPod charger was broken for a week or two, and I had writers block and school. Sorry!

Hope you enjoyed it, fluff coming soon. (I think.)