Chapter 26

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in so long. School's been rough, but now it's summer! Maybe I'll update more ;)

Please read the author's note at the end for important info! Thanks.

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

Furrowing his brow, the Doctor, as he so often did, simply said, "What?"

To be honest, he was just sick and tired of all of the revelations that day. Now there was this strange woman in the picture, making it even worse. He wasn't even surprised anymore, just exasperated. But at the back of his mind, he was the smallest bit curious as to who this was.

"Who are you? And," he sighed, "What the hell have you done?" He said this without an actual inquiring tone― he just knew that it's what he'd usually need to say at this point to get answers.

"I told you, love, I'm Missy!" The woman said in a strong Scottish-y accent. "Please try to keep up, there's a lot for you to process."

"Fine, Missy," the Doctor sighed again. "What's going on? What's the grand scheme?"

Missy whispered something that the Doctor couldn't quite hear, and grinned quite manically, tilting her head to the side.

"What?"

"I said, I'm here to destroy you!" She told him in a loud, highly- enthused voice. She turned to the Bad Wolf. "Not very good at listening, is he, Rose!"

The Doctor glared at Missy, then at the Bad Wolf inside of Rose, who was using her give an eerie smile. He couldn't stand seeing her like this, so malevolent and so un-Rose-like. He was scared, scared for her, and it made him very anxious to know that someone had the power to make him that way.

"Don't." The Doctor muttered.

"Don't what?" Missy then mockingly gasped, "Have I struck a nerve by calling her Rose, Doctor?"

"It's not Rose presently, it's the Bad Wolf using her," he muttered.

"Oops! Do pardon me, Doctor. I know how defensive you are of your human friend."

"So you aren't human, I'm guessing from your tone. Who are you? What have you done, and why do you need Rose to do your dirty work?" The Doctor demanded.

"Oh, so many questions!" Missy exclaimed, placing her hand to her heart. "I think we'll have to go somewhere else to chat. This place is boring me. To your TARDIS?"

She walked away, her heels clicking as she did, and the Doctor hesitated to follow her, looking at the Bad Wolf, who only stared blankly ahead. Before he could say anything, Missy yelled behind her, "Come, Rosie!"

While the Doctor grew more agitated inwardly at Missy's dog-calling-like "Come, Rosie!" statement, the Bad Wolf stood up and followed Missy obediently. He looked at Rose's face, which was still smiling with blank eyes― wait, did she just wink at him? Must be his imagination, his mind playing tricks on him due to his heart longing to have Rose back.

Closing the TARDIS door behind him, the Doctor caught sight of Missy playing around with the TARDIS console. "Oi! What do you think you're doing?" He ran toward her and slapped her hand away.

Missy, offended, slapped his hand right back. "I know what I'm doing!"

"How on Earth would you know how to fly a TARDIS?" the Doctor asked exasperatedly.

"Oh," Missy she breathed air out of her cheeks. "I see. You haven't figured me out yet. Well, you'll know soon enough."

Giving up on having much control over this entire situation, the Doctor stepped away from Missy and the console and sat miserably on the jump seat as she set the TARDIS in motion. The Bad Wolf, not having been commanded by Missy to either sit or come further in, remained toward the edge of the room, clinging to a rail on the ramp.