Chapter 21

I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE TURN LEFT, because this chapter is a ginormous summary of it, basically. Kinda getting me back into the swing of things with writing. I didn't mean it to be so long with so many details exactly the same as Turn Left, but what can you do. I got caught up in the episode.

I mainly used the episode and the script, with a few things changed and emphasized. The first half is pretty much just Turn Left (minus the bug thing on Donna's back, whoops spoiler), and then it's my own. (Pay close attention to Donna and Rose's (oops another spoiler) conversation around the middle. There's a tiny tweak that kind of means a lot.)

Enjoy! :)

~ ~ ~ 

Donna Noble never thought she was very special. She was just a secretary for Jival Chowdry, who ran a photocopy business. Her mum Sylvia suggested it to her, said it made twenty thousand a year. Donna had wanted to work as a temp for H. C. Clements, a key company. Her mum convinced her that Chowdry's business would be better, since it was permanent and stabler that way (and because she told her that rich city executives only used temps for "practice.")

Donna's job paid well, but she hated it. She hated that her mum convinced her to do it. But she would stay in it a while longer, so she could support her mum and granddad. Despite her stubborn outside personality that always tried to get it's way, Donna cared about her family more than anything.

Donna also wished to travel the world, maybe meet a man whom tolerated her constant rambunctiousness, instead of blowing her off for a ditsy girl with big money. She wanted to to go somewhere totally new, away from the mundane streets and buildings her home. But she was stuck.

All in all, Donna felt that her life was too ordinary.

That was, until the strange things began to happen. Until the world started slowly falling apart.

First it was that "Christmas star," coming out of the Thames, shooting holiday-goers in London. Then a woman came running, who looked so scared and sad when Donna told her that some "Doctor" bloke was dead, and suddenly, she was gone.

Then Donna was fired, and immediately after that hospital lifted up -- by... upward rain, wasn't it?-- and brought away, then later brought back with only one survivor.The survivor talked about strange "rhino" creatures-- he must've been delirious-- and one Martha Jones, who saved him, but died. Then he spoke of a woman-- Sarah Jane?-- who apparently tried to help as well. Donna didn't know why, but those names stuck out in her head long after that.

Soon after the hospital incident, Donna was walking along and saw a flash of light in an alleyway, and the same woman from Christmas, wearing the same clothes, ran out. She asked Donna what she was doing for Christmas, and told her to go out of town. Somehow, the woman knew about a raffle ticket Donna had received when she left Jival Chowdry. Told her to use it, first prize. Donna then told the woman to leave her alone.

Months later, and Donna did indeed win first prize. And, it must've been luck or fate, but Christmas morning, they watched the news-- a Titanic replica fell on central London.

Donna and her family were left homeless, with London in dust.

Reluctantly, they were moved by the government to a tight-spaced home in Leeds, in which already lived some slightly annoying, but friendly people. Donna and Sylvia were anxious and perturbed that they didn't have their own home anymore.

"America, they'll save us!" Wilf Mott, Donna's grandad, consoled. But he was soon proved wrong, as sixty million U.S. citizens were dissolved into odd little creatures made entirely from fat.