Chapter 12

Sooo. Hope you liked those depressing last couple chapters. They were painful to write, but I'm actually pretty fluent in feels-writing, don't you think? XD
(Attached is a collage I made of how I picture some of Ten's facial expressions in this chapter... UNTIL THE FLUFF, DON'T WORRY!)
Anyway, this chapter will FINALLY be in ROSE'S POV and there will FINALLY be FLUFF!!!! Yaaaay

Enjoy :)

*Rose's POV*

I had opened my eyes to see a tearful Doctor smiling above me. I had no idea how I got here, or what had happened before I got here. I wondered how long I had been out. I think I recall something about the Bad Wolf...
Oh.
I think I remember now.

The Doctor kissed me, which was a very, very pleasant thing to wake up to. I could get used to that. After the looong kiss was over, I tried to get up, and suddenly an awful pounding headache absorbed my sense of movement, and I fell back to the strange bed I was laying on in pain. I felt nauseous, and my heart was beating quickly. I groaned loudly, my hand moving clumsily to clutch my head.

"Stay still, Rose. You need to lay down and recover a while before you get up." I heard a voice say. Jack's, I think. Oh, right. We went to the library...Jack was there with us...they started telling me about the day at Satellite 5...oh, my head! I thought.

The Doctor spoke. "How do you feel, Rosie? I mean, obviously, not well, but-"

I let out a small, breathless laugh. "First of all, Rosie?"

"I like calling you Rosie... We'll discuss this later." He said, blushing, and glancing over at Jack,
who was rolling his eyes.

I too rolled my eyes, but smiled. I secretly loved it when he called me that. "Second of all, what happened?"

The Doctor took a deep breath, sighing sorrowfully, those big brown eyes bloodshot. He looked at Jack, who took this as his cue to go. "Well, it's getting late, and we should all get to sleep. It's been a long day. Doctor, do you think you can take care of Rose on your own? I still need to find my room..."
I smirked, suddenly remembering how the TARDIS hid my room so the Doctor and I could be as close as possible. Literally.

"Yeah. I've got it Jack. See you in the morning." The Doctor said, not looking at Jack, his eyes fixed on my own.

"Alrighty. 'Night guys. Hope you feel better Rose."

"Thanks." I said quietly, my stomach feeling sick, and now not only due to nausea, but to worry. I looked to the Doctor for an explanation to what was going on. He had his head and I could see fresh tears streaming down his face, and I could hear muffled sobs trying so hard to break free. It hurt me more than the physical pain I was already in to see him like this.

He looked down at me, his eyes watery.

"Rose, why do you even stay with me?"
He whispered hoarsely.

His words took me by surprise, and I paused a long while before I gathered my words to speak. "Because...traveling with you, I get to see things no one else ever sees...I get to do things no 20-something year old working in a shop has ever done.... and-I love you." I grabbed his hand and clutched it tight.

He squeazed my hand as he spoke again."But... I always put you in so much danger. Every adventure we've ever been on, every single one, you could've been killed. I put your life in danger so many times, too many times, Rose!" The Doctor started sobbing his words now. As I spoke, he sat down quickly in a chair next to me.

"Doctor, even if that is true, you make up for it in more ways than you could ever realize. All the wonders, small and large; all the adventures, dangerous and safe; all the ways we both help the universe; all of that, makes up for it more than anything." I paused "I'm fine. As long as I'm with you, I'm safe." I faked a smile, because it was hard to genuinely smile when your entire head was aching.

"But you're not, are you?" He looked up at me, eyes wide with a mix of frustration and sorrow. "You're never safe with me. All my enemies, they-they kill everyone. Everyone I love. To get to me." My poor Doctor. It hurt my heart so much to see him like this, his head hung low, eyes refusing to look at anything but the floor. I saw tears drip out of his eyes like a rain shower, and I heard his breath quiver as he tried to hold back sobs. Besides the pain of seeing him distraught, my head and wooziness had already started to feel better. I tried sitting up, and I was successful.

Reaching for the Doctor's hand again, I began to speak.
"Doctor. Even if that is true, I will never let anything separate us. Ever again." I couldn't think of much to say. I wasn't always good with words in moments like this. I gently squeazed his hand to hopefully make up for what I couldn't put into words.

Finally, he looked in my eyes. "But...R-Rose. Why do you even chose to stay with me? I-I'm not worth dying for. Too many people have died in my name, and I put you in an-another universe for God's sake!" His voice was shaking, making it hard for him to speak. "You're not s-safe, Rose!" He sobbed and flung himself into my arms.
I put my arms around him, stroking his back and hair, comforting him like a mother would a small child.

The Doctor sobbed his breaths roughly and barely whispered, "I couldn't stand it if anything ever happened to you. I would go mad."

The tears were infectious; my eyes now grew watery. I had never seen the Doctor this way. Not ever.

I continued to stroke his back, trying to comfort his sorrow. He squeazed his arms around me tighter.

"I would go mad too. I did go mad." I said quietly, pulling back look at him.
His sullen, red eyes stared into mine, questioning my words.

"I crossed entire universes to find you, Doctor. Four years without you? I just went mad, completely mad." Tears poured heavily out of my eyes now. "For a while, I pushed Pete and Mickey, and even Mum away, I was so upset with the world."

The Doctor stared at me with a look of deep concern, sorrow, and empathy. "Oh Rose. I'm so sorry-"

"Doctor-" I sighed. "The point I'm trying to make here is: I could never leave you. Never in a million years. Never, from the birth of the universe to its death or somethin', would I ever be pulled from you again. I will not even let death take me from you." I squeazed his hands yet again, as if I could squeaze any sadness or suffering out of my beloved Doctor.

The Doctor looked up at me. Hope shone in his eyes just the slightest. "Rose Tyler. You are the most wonderful being in this universe." I blushed, and he continued. "How did I ever come to deserve a person like you?"

"By just being you, I s'pose. Saving the universe an' all." I laughed gently, glad for some returned joy between us. The Doctor looked down and smiled sheepishly. "Thanks."

I hugged him. "Anytime, my Doctor."

We sat there for a while, just enjoying the warmth of each other's arms.

After a few minutes, he pulled back to look at me. "My Rose." He smiled. It was good to see him smile again. "I am so lucky to have you in my life."

"And I am lucky to have you, Doctor."

He smiled yet again. Pausing for a moment, he stared into my eyes, seeming to be contemplating something, deciding whether to do something or not.

Then he spoke:

"Rose Tyler,
I love you."

And he put his hand under my chin, brought my face to his, and kissed me slowly,
gently,
as if we had
all of time
to ourselves.

Sorry that there's not as much fluff as promised! But I SWEAR lots is coming! Hey, if you guys just want a short Doctor Who story to read, I suggest you read my book "Doctor Who Oneshots". I'm kind of proud of it :D . And you can request some too!!!! I'll be doing a lot of writing over my Winter Break- coming soon!!
Comment and/or vote!
Hope you liked it!
I love you guys :)