Chapter 8

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE FUTURE (since the writer, myself, wrote this chapter about a year or more before writing said note):
Sorry that the last chapter and this one are so cheesy and almost-smutty-- I kinda cringe at these (and laugh), but I guess you all like it ? Despite my mediocre writing in these ? (I guess I was too caught up in the fluff to write maturely lol).

~ ~ ~

Anyway, thanks for reading this story. I <3 you guys

*Rose's POV*

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Jack had just waltzed right in on the Doctor and I while we were, uh, talking? (And what does he mean when he says he ships us? Is he talking about the TARDIS or something?)

What a surprise that was. I jumped, and might have let out an "Eep!" And the Doctor, his eyes got all wide, he whipped around. Then he did something that surprised me- he put himself in front of me and shielded my body. This made me giggle. I found it so cute that the Doctor would "protect" me when I was my swimsuit, even when it was just Jack.

"How did you get in?" The Doctor asked sternly.

"Well, no 'hey Jack, how've you been?' or 'hey, how's the immortal life?' "

" 'Immortal life?' " I asked incredulously.

"I'll explain that later." The Doctor said loud enough so Jack could hear. "Back to my question."

Jack sighed dramatically. "Remember that vortex manipulator I had? I think it sort of...went haywire or short-circuited while I was traveling through the vortex, and I guess the emergency safety protocol was to transport me to the closest time-traveling vessel."

The Doctor had loosened his grip on my arms that he had been holding to shield me. "Jack, I told you to get rid of that!"

"Yeah, but I had some... errands to run." He seemed to smirk at some unknown thought that we did not know. I decided not to ask.

"Well, it's good to see you, anyway." I said, walking away from the Doctor and toward the stairs out of the pool.

"Rose..." The Doctor said quietly. I turned around to see that he was looking at me with those big puppy-dog eyes. He looked a bit crestfallen.

Oops, I thought. I walked back to him, taking his hand in mine. I rubbed my thumb over his hand in comfort. "But you did kind of interrupt something," I added, awkwardly laughing.

"Oh, I noticed. Sorry about that." Jack said, rolling his eyes and smirking. I felt blood rush to my face, obviously blushing like crazy, and I think I saw the Doctor get a little pink in the cheeks too.

"Well, if you wouldn't mind, Jack, could you just, erm, pop off for a moment? So we can er- " The Doctor said awkwardly, changing the subject as fast as possible.

"Oh! Yeah, right, right. I'll just go... try to find my room-"

I snorted. Hopefully the TARDIS won't hide your room for the Doctor's sake too!

Jack gave me a confused smile, but disregarded my laughter. "Yeah, so I'll just go, and you two... do whatever you do..."

"Jack!" The Doctor and I shouted in unison. I was laughing, but the Doctor was "not amused," like Queen Victoria. (I totally won that bet.)

"Meet me in the console room!" Jack shouted as he walked out of the room laughing.

I giggled as the Doctor sighed, shaking his head but smiling ever so slightly. "Well, that was...alarming, awkward, and-"