Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Ooh, another chapter updated within one month? Good job, me! xD

You're welcome.

SUGGESTION for this chapter: go back and read the last couple chapters  (the ones with Donna and Rose) to refresh your memory of what's going  on. It's kind of confusing to the author (me), so you might want to  review.

Enjoy :) - and don't forget to vote and comment :)

~ ~ ~

"So, where were we off to again?"

Donna was too exhausted and too stunned to answer Rose's question. So much had happened in one day: she finally learned the name of a woman  who seemed to believe that Donna was the savior of the universe, and  soon after spoke to some sort of chaotic time entity who loved this man  "the Doctor" as much as the woman did, and was also told by the entity  to reunite the woman and the Doctor-- but to be careful that they don't  go destroying the universe themselves while simultaneously trying to  save it?

AND this woman was pregnant?

Donna decided not to question anything about anything anymore, unless it  was something really really important like "will this button blow something up?" or "where is the toilet on this thing?".

"Um... we're supposed to... go to another universe, I believe you said,"  Donna replied, in order not to reveal to Rose how utterly overwhelmed  she felt, and therefore  not have her question what had happened when  she "blacked out" from pregnancy. (Speaking of-- is it even possible to black  out from being only a few months with child? Donna made a mental note to buy this lady some pregnancy care books later.)

"Ah, right." Rose moved to the console and began to push some  coordinates in. Setting hold onto a lever, she looked up at Donna: "You  might want to hold onto something— this next part is going to be a long  and bumpy ride."

Donna backed up to the railing and jump seat, hesitantly grabbing on with both hands.

Rose nodded and pulled down the lever, and instantly they were thrown  into a whirl of movement. The TARDIS tilted this way and that, tossing  Donna and Rose each way.

"Oh, I forgot!" Rose shouted. She pointed to a small black lever that was closer to Donna and commanded, "twist that there!"

"How am I supposed to reach that?" Donna inquired loudly, clutching onto the cushion of the jump seat.

Rose groaned. "Fine, I'll do it!" Manipulating her way over by holding  onto the console and scooting over, fighting against the force of motion  trying to pull her away, Rose finally reached the black lever and  twisted it.

And then, the tossing and turning stopped. Donna fell off the jump seat  to the ground, her body grateful of the steadiness. She sat stunned, her  legs spread out on the floor grating, panting from all the excitement.

Rose pushed herself up and let out a satisfied breath. "There we go!  Something I noticed a while back that the Doctor always seemed to  forget: an inner-gravity stabilizer."

Donna and Rose looked at each other for a moment, then laughed continuously for a few minutes.

"You mean that was there the whole time—and you forgot to use it?" Donna sighed while still laughing.

Rose shook her head and grinned. "Hey, he always forgot too! We would be  flying off to Neptune or something and I would be clinging onto that  same seat for dear life!"

Donna pushed herself up onto the jump seat up. "So, we're on our way to a parallel universe right now?"

"Yup," Rose answered, popping the "p" in the word.