Chapter 9

(I edited the picture [if you can see it] hopefully you'll be able to see it, because it might give you an idea of what Rose might be like in this chapter...

SPOILERS!!!)

Enjoy, sweeties.

*The Doctor's POV*

Please, please! Rose has to be safe. Rose has to be safe.

Keep Rose safe. Whatever the cost, keep Rose safe.

I was deathly afraid of what could happen if Rose remembered being the Bad Wolf. Something could happen to her mind, something worse than just a bad headache. If the whole of time and space flows through her head, it just might kill her.

And I am not about to let that happen. Never, not ever, especially not when I had just gotten her back.

I led Rose by the hand into the library. She was gripping my hand tightly, probably as worried as I was. And she had all the reason to be.

My precious Rose.

I sat her down on the library lounge seat (sort of like one of those long chairs you see in therapist's offices? With a long cushion to put your legs out on and lay on?). "Stay here, and relax, okay?" I told her, trying to sound like everything was alright. "I'll get you some tea."

She smiled, trying to believe like everything was going to be okay. "'Kay."

Jack then came in, holding a tray- a very fancy tray I might add, all sculpted and painted like a work of art- with a kettle of steaming tea and cups - the kettle and cups matched the tray- and Jack, he was wearing an...an apron. That had a quite girly embroidery on it: it had pink flowers stitched around the image of the TARDIS...I decided to ignore that for now, I was too anxious about Rose to acknowledge it.

But Jack decided that it needed attention. Guess he saw me looking at it. "Thought I'd lighten the mood." He shrugged.

I gave Jack an appreciative smile. "Thanks Jack. For...that, and the tea."

"Anything for you, Doctor." He winked. I rolled my eyes.

"Jack, flirting is not a priority right now." I put my hand on his shoulder, lowering my voice to just above a whisper. "We need to gently tell arose about what happened. I know you don't know much about what happened, but you can help out."

"Alright." Jack said, nodding his head seriously. That was new, being serious.

"And," I shot a quick glance at Rose. "We need to be extremely careful. What we might restore in her mind, it could possibly harm her mind. And I don't want anything to happen I that girl, understood?"

Jack nodded, and oddly, saluted me. "Understood, sir!"

I rolled my eyes again. I heard Rose say from behind me, "Did you just salute him, in a flowery apron?" She laughed. Thank goodness, she's doing well so far, and fear hasn't gotten to her yet. I don't believe it ever will.

"Yes ma'am!" Jack said, also laughing.

"Alright then. That's a first, even for you." She sat up as we sat on the opposite couch, setting the tea tray down on the coffee table between us.

"Yes it is. And I plan to do it more often. Perhaps I'll wear it on all of out adventures, under my trenchcoat. And I'll flash people with my flowery TARDIS apron!" At this point, all three of us were laughing like fools. Just like Jack to lighten the mood.

"Alright." I said after we had calmed down a bit. "Down to business, shall we?"

Rose nodded hesitantly. I got up to sit next to her, and put my arm around her. She nestled her head into my collarbone.

"Okay." I let out a deep breath. "So. You remember Satellite 5, correct? The game shows, the almost-getting -turned-to-dust from the 'Weakest Link' droids, and the-" I cleared my throat. "-the Daleks?"

"Yeah. And you sent me back in the TARDIS and Emergency Protocol 1 played for me, and- I thought you were going to die." She turned her face towards my chest, almost hiding against me. Her voice had faltered a bit when she spoke of me almost dying. I immediately almost regretted doing that to her. But, "I had to keep you safe, Rose. I'm sorry." I kissed the top of her head.

"It's okay, I know. See, I remember all that clearly. What I don't remember is what happened after that." Rose said.

I glanced at Jack. "Well, hmm...where to begin. You were amazing, Rose, honestly. I've never seen any human ever do anything like what you did. But right now, I need you to prepare your mind for what I'm going to tell you, okay? And if you feel or sense anything, anything different in your mind, even the slightest bit, tell me immediately, okay?" She nodded her head.

"Okay. So, you had gone into the TARDIS, and while Emergency Protocol 1 played, I suppose during that time, the Daleks we're getting ever closer. Jack and a bunch of the other people were trying to fight them off, but...they, including Jack...fought well, but...were killed by the Daleks." I gave Jack a sympathetic look.

"Oh, Jack, I'm so sorry." Rose said. He shook his head, smiling. "Nah, it's fine. I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Yeah, but how-"

"I'm getting to that." I said gently, "So, yes, Jack died, and we'll get to the impossible reason he's alive in a moment. As you both know, I was trying to build that bomb to blow up the Dalek ships during that time. When they finally reached the control room, they...interrogated me, I guess. The emperor said just a couple words that affected me. 'Coward or criminal?' He said. Of course, coward. I didn't want to commit a second genocide."

"Mm." Rose murmured in agreement."That's good. My good Doctor."

If she only knew what she had done to the Daleks instead of me. She would soon know, and I was afraid for her.

"And I was cornered. The entire Earth was at stake, and I couldn't blow up the Daleks or their emperor. But you came back, Rose." I kissed her head, hoping to all that is good that she would be okay once these memories reawakened. "Somehow, someway, the TARDIS brought you back to me."

"You looked into the heart of the TARDIS, it's very soul. All of time and space. In the head of a human girl from England, Earth." I paused and looked down at her, "Alright so far?"

"Yeah, my head's starting to hurt a bit, but that's it."

"Okay. Hopefully that's all that will happen."

Unfortunately, that's not all that happened.

"You, with the vortex swirling in your head, became the Bad Wolf. You were the one who scattered those words all over the universe, leading us there. You then destroyed the Daleks, all of them. You became this... this goddess, Rose. You told me that you can bring life, (which is how Jack came back, and is now immortal), and you could control every atom in the universe. You saw-"

"Aaaahhh!" Rose suddenly shrieked, gasping in obvious pain. She clutched her head with both hands. I put my hands on her arms, jumping to comfort her.

"Rose! Oh my goodness, Rose, are you alright? No, of course you aren't. No. Rose, stay with me now. Come on-"

"All that is..." She murmured calmly,

"W-what?" I asked hesitantly.

"All that was..." She slowly lowered her hands from her head and started to sit up.

"Rose...what are you talking about?" I was afraid now. Something was wrong. I glanced at Jack. He looked almost as worried as I felt.

"All that ever could be..." She lifted her head slowly and looked at me.

In her eyes, where her iris's should have been, were golden flames.

"I am the Bad Wolf."

Someone told me that I should do more cliffhangers.

You're welcome. (Muahaha I'm almost as evil as Moffat)

But don't fear, my readers! More is coming soon! I'm so excited!

Hope you enjoyed it. ;)