01

Do you know what's the hardest part for people on the top? It's the pressure.

----

Y/n smiled and greeted the guests. She smiled the whole time. She listened to her father's colleagues praise her. She had to endure the looks of jealous women and the looks of perverted men.

Everything was wrong in this industry. Everyone was either jealous or just taking advantage of the others for the money.

Still, Y/n couldn't imagine any other life. Even if it was really difficult to be responsible for a lot as a young girl. She didn't want to disappoint her parents. Her father had it tough enough since her mother died that she couldn't let him down.

Her father almost never had time for her, but she loved her father. He was standing next to her with his hand on her back. Whenever in a quiet moment she tried to escape from the awkward situation, he cleared his throat and stopped her from leaving.
She hated events like this.

Her father was the head of one of the most successful companies in the world. She was his only daughter. Her mother had died when she was a little girl and so one day she would have to take her father's place. She didn't want to disappoint her father and that's why she let all this happen to her. She knew that being a woman in this industry would not be easy for her. Her father wanted her to gain respect, which is why he started taking her to parties at an early age and showing her how to behave in the position of such a successful boss.

Her father's enemy, and therefore her enemy, was the Park family. Jongseong was about the same age as Y/n but they couldn't stand each other. Jongseong was conceited and would annoy her every time she met him. Unfortunately, it was good for business if they invited the Park family too.

Y/n rolled her eyes as Jongseong entered the room with his parents. They looked around disparagingly and then came over to Y/n and her father.

The fathers shook hands, which was only a formality. Everyone here knew they didn't like each other. The girl's father ran one of the most successful hotel chains. They had hotels in almost every country that were among the best of the best. Jay's father also ran a hotel chain, which unfortunately was just as successful, which was the reason for the family rivalry.

Y/n didn't look at Jongseong for a second. She didn't like talking to him. It made her uncomfortable, and besides, it would only piss her off anyway.Y/n was talking to some business associates and was smiling all the time. Her cheeks were already hurting from all those fake smiles.

"Do you still go to school?" asked a woman with whom she was involved in a conversation. The girl shook her head. "I learn from my father," she informed."How old are you dear?" the woman asked interested. Y/n smiled again. It was always the same questions she answered."I am 19 years old""And do you have a good school certificate?" a man asked. Y/n nodded again "I left school with an A".

She hated those questions. Everyone asked the questions as if it were impossible for such a young girl to become successful and take over her father's position. Nobody believed in her.She promised herself to prove them all wrong. She would do everything as well as her father, because he taught her.

Her father was her hero, whom she didn't want to disappoint and won't.

"Bye" she said now and turned away from the guests. She looked around in distress. She didn't feel like talking any further. She looked at the clock and sighed. The guests would not leave for the next two hours.

"Y/n darling" she heard her father's voice. Again her father introduced her to some guests and again she had to stand next to her father for eternities and smile friendly. Now and then she answered people's questions with short sentences.

When she finally had some peace and no one was paying attention to her, she made her way outside.

She breathed in the fresh air and closed her eyes. How good the silence felt out here.When an unpleasant smell hit her nose, she looked around in disgust.
Jongseong was leaning against the wall with a cigarette in his hand.

Y/n rolled her eyes "pollute the air somewhere else" she said annoyed. The young man looked up and grinned slightly before putting the cigarette out again. "Why are you always in such a bad mood?" he asked and looked at the girl. She walked over to him and crossed her arms "I'm only in a bad mood when you're around".He smiled "that hurts, my poor heart". He clutched his chest and made a mock hurt face. Y/n made an annoyed noise and turned away to go back inside.

"You look hot today" he called after her. She turned to him again "I always do".
"Conceited bitch," he called out to her. She held out her hand and gave him the middle finger. "If we take our fathers' places, I will destroy you," he said now. She turned back to him. "Good luck" she said, glaring at him "you're going to need it".

With these words she disappeared around the corner.