06

She couldn't stay near Jongseong, but she couldn't go back inside either. Caleb must have been there, lurking around a corner like a cat from a mouse hole. 

----

The girl hated herself that she liked being around Jongseong. She didn't like his personality, but his touch triggered something in her that she liked, which made her hate him even more.

He had just been acting like the biggest asshole but she wondered why she was surprised. He was a huge asshole. He was arrogant and did everything for his own good.

Did she close her eyes to avoid seeing that it was Park Jongseong who almost kissed her? She didn't even want to remember that her eyes were closed because she wanted his lips to touch her neck. She hated him for making her feel this way. She hated herself for even being in this situation. She hated Caleb for having to hide from him.

Now she was here alone in the parking lot because she had nowhere else to be.

She looked up in surprise when someone held a bottle of wine under her nose. "You seem like you could use something too" said a female voice. The girl looked up and saw another girl who seemed about her own age. She recognized the girl. It was the daughter of a hotel owner who didn't have as much success as the Lee or Park family hotels. "We've seen each other at parties like this before, but we never got around to speaking".  The girl nodded "I'm Mary. I know who you are". The girls grinned slightly. 

Y/n now took the bottle and drank a few sips from the bottle. "Why are you here alone?" she asked. "I hate it in there and besides, nobody misses me now anyway. They're all busy throwing their money out the window. And unfortunately my own father is stupid enough to do it too," Y/n said, slightly amused. Mary chuckled lightly "I totally agree with you."
Y/n liked the girl. She seemed funny.

"Tell me... why are your family and the Park family enemies? I mean... you don't have a problem with other hotel owners ," Mary remarked after a while of silence. Y/n sighed "they are arrogant assholes" the girl then said. "It's always been like that. Even before I was born. I don't know all the reasons. I just know that I don't like Jongseong." Mary shrugged "I think he's hot". Y/n laughed "he's a player". "I'm lucky that you don't want him because I wouldn't stand a chance against you," said Mary. Y/n smiled slightly "thanks. But be careful, he doesn't want anything serious." Mary nodded "who says I want something serious? I think he's a really good kisser but we both agree he's an asshole". Y/n laughs lightly "I've never seen him kiss anyone. He flirts with the girls but he's never taken one home."

The girl drinks from the bottle again and then hands it to Mary.

Y/n suddenly feels so easy. He almost wrapped her around his finger. But she could do that too. She grinned, but stopped quickly when Mary looked at her sideways in confusion.

"Do you know what time it is?" asked Mary. "A little after midnight," Y/n replied. "Are you up to something later? I would like to get to know you. I don't have many friends and I like you" Mary said directly. The girl thought for a moment and then nodded "why not? It's not easy being a woman in this industry and I don't have any friends," Y/n said, slightly amused. "Let's meet at 1pm." Y/n nodded.

----

The two girls met in town at 1 p.m. as agreed. Mary had suggested a cafe where they were now. They got along really well and Y/n was happy to finally find someone her own age that she got along with. Her thoughts wandered back to Jongseong.

She wanted him to kiss her...
Did she just long for kisses or did she long for his kisses...?
If she just wanted some fun she could easily have it with Caleb but she didn't want that. She couldn't imagine letting Caleb get that close.
Though she never thought that about Jongseong either...

"Everything okay?" she heard Mary's voice. Y/n looked up and nodded with a smile "Of course. Everything's fine. I was just thinking".
Mary grinned "and what were you thinking of?"

Y/n laughed, slightly embarrassed, followed by "nothing special". There was no way she was going to tell Mary about her almost making out with Park Jongseong...
After all, he was a huge asshole and they were rivals.

"Are you going to the celebration of the Parks next week...?" asked Mary after a while. Y/n sighed and nodded "I guess I'll have to. My father will definitely go and then he'll drag me there with him".

They spent the whole day together and Y/n really liked the girl. She could well imagine that she would find a good friend in Mary.

When she came home that evening, she was very exhausted.
The feast of the previous evening had worn her out and although the day with Mary was very nice, Y/n lacked some sleep.

She fell on the couch and fell asleep. She only woke up when her father came home from work late in the evening. "Go to your bed and sleep in tomorrow. You don't have to work tomorrow.
Next week is the big festival at the Parks and we will have to stay there overnight as there is an important meeting with other hotel managers the next day. It's going to be very tiring, so get some rest beforehand. You have to be able to show your best side."

Y/n nodded. Showing her best meant putting on a beautiful dress that perfectly accentuated her body. Being at your best meant always smiling and being friendly. It meant answering the same questions and being touched and looked at by all sorts of men and women and possibly endure all sorts of remarks.

She said goodbye to her father and went to her room. 

----

She decided to take care of her own well-being for the next few days. She did a lot of sport and then treated herself to a relaxing evening. She visited her mother and played the piano for her father. 

It reminded her of her childhood. When she had more free time, she played the piano every day. Her father always said that he forgot all his worries when he listened to her play.