04

"Good evening" Caleb said politely and smiled. His usual perfect smile. That smile looked as rehearsed as her own, the girl noticed.

----

Time passed and the girl couldn't stand these exhausting conversations anymore. "I need fresh air" she said and her father nodded. 

She went to the door. "Oh no" she said as she recognized Caleb, hoping he hadn't seen her.

As she was about to go back inside, she noticed that he was looking at her. She looked around nervously and walked in the direction Jongseong was standing. Again he had a cigarette in his hand. She leaned against the wall next to him and stared at the night sky. 

"Want one?" asked Jongseong after a short while. "No thanks. I don't want to stink all the time and then get lung cancer."
"Don't bitch like that. I'm still mad at you," Jongseong said. "How come?" asked the girl and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Her gaze now turned to Caleb, who watched the two of them. Luckily her plan worked and he left her alone.

"Because you accused me and my parents of letting a man shoot your father," Jongseong said. "You would have every motive. You would have accused us too," said the girl. Jongseong flicked his cigarette on the floor and pushed himself off the wall. He kicked the cigarette with his shoe and stood in front of the girl. "It wasn't us and I know you believe me. Apologize," he said, looking at the girl. "Forget it" she said and wanted to walk past him. He blocked her way.

 The girl put her hands on his chest so as not to bang her head against him. Jongseong took a few steps toward her until her back hit the wall. "You're cold," he said, looking down at her arms, on which they could see goosebumps. The girl looked at him and removed her hands from his chest "then let me go back inside" she said. "You came to me," he remarked. "Apologize" he said and the girl swallowed. "I hate you" she said and looked at him annoyed. "But that's not how you apologize." She rolls her eyes, "I'm sorry," she said, annoyed. "Excuse me? I can't understand you". "You've got pretty bad ears then. You're damn close to me," she remarked.

 Jongseong did not respond. "You should stop looking so hot," he said. The girl grinned "Am I making you weak? If you want to kiss me you have to stop smoking first. That's fucking disgusting" she said pushing him away."I find other girls who love to kiss me" he said and Y/n nodded "fine" and disappeared back inside. 

----

The girl realized that Caleb was standing with her father. She took a deep breath and then walked over to the two of them.

"Hey honey, do you want something to drink?" her father asked when he noticed his daughter at his side again. The girl nodded "I'll get you something" said her father. "No!" she said quickly, holding his arm back. "It's okay. I'll get something myself". 

She was happy at any opportunity to avoid Caleb. She never had a problem with her father's employee, but ever since he got too close to her, she became increasingly uncomfortable around him. 

She went back to her father with a glass of champagne, who was no longer in Caleb's company. She breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you okay princess?" her father asked when the girl drank the champagne a little too quickly. She nodded and just smiled slightly. "If you're not feeling well, you can say so," her father assured. She waved it off "I'm fine". 

She knew her father didn't believe her but luckily he didn't ask any more questions. Maybe she should tell her father about his employee's wrong behavior, but she didn't want him to lose such a good and important employee either. 

"Park" her father then said and the girl saw Jongseong's father coming towards her. "What do you want Lee?" asked the man turning to the girl's father. "You must have been happy when I almost got shot the other day," her father remarked dryly. Jongseong's father sighed and folded his arms, "I had a little hope, but I wouldn't wish death on anyone. Not even you, Lee." With these words, Jongseong's father left again. 

Y/n turned to her father "did you have to ask this? We agreed it wasn't them". Her father frowned "are you on their side now or what? Got a weak point for the son?" he said, but of course the girl knew that he didn't mean it seriously. "Of course not" she said and laughed lightly.

"That's my girl," her father said, looking at her contentedly. The little girl nodded. She watched her father as he looked at his watch. "I'm going to play poker now," he informed. "Do you want to come along?" he asked his daughter, who shook her head. She couldn't stand the atmosphere there. Much less than the atmosphere out here. "Take care of yourself" he said and the little girl nodded "you too dad". Her father smiled and then disappeared behind the curtain near the bar. 

The girl had never seen her father play poker. She was also never involved in other games of chance or billiards. She didn't like it. 

The hall emptied as everyone disappeared into the playroom. The girl didn't understand why they all wanted so badly to lose their money. 

She went to the bar and drank again. She didn't know how many glasses she drank. Someone sat down next to her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realized it wasn't Caleb, but then she realized it was Jongseong. Was that better?

"Why don't you play like all the other rich men?" she asked. He turned his gaze to her "then who will make sure you don't fall down the stairs completely drunk?" he asked and a slight grin appeared at the corners of his mouth. She turned her head to him "fuck you".
"Gosh, now you have to apologize again," he said, shaking his head. "You shouldn't keep pissing me off," he remarked. "Do I get bonus points for pretending to care what you think of me?" she asked sarcastically and drank another glass. 

"Why do you keep starting conversations with me and then acting like you hate me?" he asked. "Oh I'm not just acting like I hate you, I do". "I doubt it," he said, smirking when the girl gave him an annoyed look. She put the glass on the counter and got up to go outside. 

She leaned against the wall and breathed in the air. She could feel the alcohol affecting her brain. She could relax. The alcohol made her forget all her thoughts. The alcohol cleared her head. As it always has. That's what she liked so much about alcohol. 

She felt goosebumps on her arms again. It wasn't particularly cold, but there was a night wind that made her freeze a little. It didn't bother her, she enjoyed it.