13

"I really didn't think I would ever kiss you. But you made me fucking crazy about you" Jay whispered and the girl giggled lightly "there's so much shit happened in my life. I never thought I'd say that being close to my rival is the best feeling in the world".

----

The girl opened her eyes. She caught Jay already looking at her. "How long have you been staring at me?" she asked amused. "Shut up" Jay said. The girl grinned and sat up.

She bent over Jay and looked into his eyes "are you falling for me?". He put his hands on her hips and pulled her to him so that she landed with her body on his "I don't fall for you my lady because everything that falls breaks. I don't want that to break. That's the only thing we have left. You're the only one I have left". She just looked at him. Nobody had ever said anything so beautiful to her. Those words meant so much to her.
"You bloody idiot are making me like you". When he smirked contentedly, she held up a finger "not yet".

The two got ready for the day. "I have to go home to get some fresh clothes," said the girl who was braiding her hair in front of the mirror. "You should store some here," he grinned, wrapping his arms around her stomach from behind. She looked at him through the mirror "you're pretty confident that I'll sleep here more often huh?" she asked as calmly as possible, because his touch made it difficult for the girl to pull herself together. "If you're not convinced of that yet, I'll make sure you are," he whispered close to her ear. "I'm not so sure," she said, smiling contentedly as he started kissing her neck. This is what she wanted to achieve. She needed his closeness, of course she would sleep here more often. She not only needed his kisses but also his hug. His arms protecting her. From her own thoughts and from the people who wanted her dead.

Y/n knew how to get what she wanted, which had just been confirmed again. She knew how good looking she was and she knew almost everyone could be fooled with it. Her good looks and smarts weren't always a blessing, however. Many touched the girl, even if she didn't want to. But with Jay it was different. She couldn't get enough of his touch and somehow it scared her. She was always in control of everyone, but she knew that if she fell in love with Jay, she would lose control. Even if he was crazy about her, if she was crazy about him too, she was out of control. 

She turned around and stopped Jay from kissing her further "I have a few things to take care of, then I'll be back".

She disappeared from Jay's house and a short time later got into the taxi she had called. At home she took a shower first and then made sure that she looked good again.

Her cell phone rang. It was Mary."Hey" sounded the nice voice of her friend. "Hey Mary, nice to hear from you" Y/n greeted her friend. She looked out the window and drank her coffee.
"Are you in the office today? If not, I'd like to see you," Mary said on the other end of the phone. "I'm working from home today. You're welcome to come by," Y/n informed.

A short time later, Mary rang the doorbell and Y/n let the pretty girl enter. Mary looked around the house enthusiastically as they walked into the living room. There they sat down on the sofa. 

"Do you want wine?" Y/n asked her guest. Mary shook her head "Not today. I'd have coffee too" she smiled. Y/n nodded and came back with the coffee shortly afterwards. "Sorry about your dad sweetheart" Mary said and Y/n nodded. "Where were you actually when he was shot?" Y/n asked her friend interested. "I was in the bathroom and um...I was about to throw up when I heard the shot. And shortly after that my parents came and told me we were going home straight away. I only found out later on TV that it was your father. If I had known then I would have stayed with you" she said apologetically. Y/n smiled slightly "It's okay. I was well taken care of".

She smiled at the thought of Jay. Had Mary been paying attention, she would have noticed Y/n smiling. But Mary looked around the room "why don't you have any employees? How do you do it all by yourself?" she then asked. "I have a cleaning lady who comes here once a week. And I also have security people, but not as many because dad got a very good security system."

"Do you have a suspicion who shot your father?" asked Mary after a while of silence. Y/n sadly shook her head "I have no idea". Mary furrowed her eyebrows slightly "you think it was the Parks?" she then asked. Y/n shook her head "Jongseong's parents both died on the same day. It can't have been a coincidence. My mother's accident back then wasn't an accident either..." she remarked. "Do you think the car was sabotaged too?" Mary asked her friend, who nodded.

She preferred not to mention that she knew for a fact that the brakes were damaged. Even though Mary and Y/n were really good friends by now, Mary didn't necessarily have to know about Y/n and Jay.

"What do you actually like to do in your free time? You know a lot about me, but I know almost nothing about you," Y/n stated. Mary smiled slightly "I like to have fun" she grinned. "I go to parties and sleep with guys," she grinned, "sometimes with girls too," she then added. Y/n smiled slightly.

Mary was very good looking, so I guess she could afford it. "I can have anyone if I want" Mary grinned. "Oh really?" asked the other girl. Mary nodded "I would wrap Jongseong around my finger too" she said. Y/n raised an eyebrow. She hated that she felt jealous. She knew, of course, that Mary would never make it, but an uncomfortable feeling crept over her. She couldn't control herself and looked at Mary "I don't think he would make out with you". Mary crossed her arms over her chest "not with you either". Y/n could just suppress a grin. "If that's what you think," she smiled then. Mary looked at her scrutinizingly "you're acting weird" she then remarked. Y/n shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh by the way," Mary then remarked, "I'm supposed to give you this letter from my father." Y/n frowned as she took the letter. "A pity letter, how nice," she said, her voice lowered. "I'm sorry, what?" Mary asked, but Y/n waved it off "Nothing, I just said thank you". She then put the letter on the table next to the sofa.

The two chatted for a while before Mary got up. "I have to go home. I'm working on an old car with my friend. We bet our parents that we'll get it running again." Y/n nodded "have fun then". 

Y/n sat back down in front of her laptop after Mary left. She still had some emails to read and documents to process before she and Jay could continue to work on finding out who her parents' killer was.She leaned back in her chair and looked at the picture on the desk. It showed her parents holding her as a baby. They looked so proud and happy. She couldn't let her parents be disappointed.

She sighed and looked around the office where her father worked. All the items her father kept in his study suddenly seemed meaningless and unimportant. This was where her father spent most of his time when he wasn't away on business trips or in the hotel. Now that she was here alone, the room felt empty and cold. It had become a sad place and yet this was where she felt closest to her father. This was also the reason why she was still working in here. Here she could be a little closer to him, here she could feel his presence. Her eyes fell on the old wooden shelf behind the desk. It was stuffed with books, files and notebooks.

A lifetime of work and experience. Possibly a life's work that was difficult to replace. Her father had given up everything for the hotel and Y/n knew it was worth it for him. He was incredibly proud of his hotel, which is believed to be the reason for his death. The girl would never find out, though she believed that his pride had killed him. He didn't want to give up the hotel and now he was dead because others envied his success. He also stored the box with the threatening letters on the shelf. The threatening letters she didn't know anything about. Which she had found here yesterday.

The day flew by and she turned off her laptop when she realized how hungry she was getting. The girl made herself something to eat and sat down at the dining table.

In moments like these, she realized how alone she was now. It was quiet in the house and she had to do everything by herself. The color had completely disappeared from her life.

Even though she now had Mary and Jay, she would never feel as connected to anyone as she did to her father.

The girl closed her eyes hoping that she would just wake up and realize it was all a bad dream. But when she opened her eyes, the food was still there, as was her sadness. She remembered the love of her parents, the good times full of happiness. This knowledge gave her comfort even when she was alone.

She knew she had Mary as a friend, but she still felt alone. She knew she had Jay, but what were she and Jay anyway? Just because they both liked each other's touch and because Y/n needed his lips on hers didn't mean Jay really loved her, right?

----

The girl had received a message from Jay and then made her way to him.

Once there, Jay let her in and locked the front door again immediately. Y/n observed this "so you're as paranoid as I am". He looked at her briefly and then nodded while loosening his tie "I'd rather play it safe, especially since my princess is here now". The girl smiled. "My father used to call me princess," she said in a low voice. "Sorry" Jay apologized "I didn't know that". The girl raised her eyes and smiled slightly at him "I don't mind. It's kinda nice that you called me that". 

"I found something," Jay said then. "I happened to hold the letter again earlier and then I held one of them up to the light," he said.

When they got to the office, Jay picked up the letter and held it up to the light "see?" he then asked. The girl narrowed her eyes slightly. "There's something in the paper. Like on banknotes," she noticed. Jay nodded "exactly".