11

"Leave her alone. Can't you see that she is not well? She is unable to answer any questions." This was the first sentence that softly penetrated her hearing again. But that sentence never made it into her head. "I'll take her home". That sentence never got through to her mind either.

----

"Hey, Y/n. Do you hear me?" asked a soft, deep voice. The girl raised her head and recognized Jay.  She nodded. "I'm with you" he said. The girl didn't answer. She looked around and realized she was at home on the sofa. 

Jay's phone rang, "I'm sorry, I have to pick it up. Our manager," Jay informed. The girl nodded and clutched one of the sofa cushions. She calmed down a bit while Jay was on the phone. 

The girl looked at Jay questioningly as he came back with tears in his eyes. "What happened? What's going on?" she asked worried. Jay sank onto the sofa and stared at the floor. The girl scooted over to him. She didn't know if she should touch him, after all he was mad at her. "Jay" she said cautiously.

"They're dead," he said. The girl looked at him confused "who is dead?". Jay turned his head to her. The girl felt her throat tighten again. Jay cried. "My parents. They are dead," he said, his voice cracking. The girl just looked at him. She didn't know what to say. "What happened?" she then asked. 

It took Jay a few seconds before he was able to speak. "My parents were in an accident. Just like your mother. Our manager said the brakes were damaged on purpose. They were on their way home, I should follow them later because I wanted to take you home. Now they're dead, just like that". The girl couldn't hold back her tears any longer. "Do you believe me now?" Jay asked. The girl looked at him in pain "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have blamed your family. I was so stupid. I'm so sorry Jay. Please forgive me," she sobbed. He looked at her as far as his tear-blurred vision would allow. "It's okay. You just wanted to find out the truth. I understand that a lot more now."

"Why would someone do such a thing?" asked the glassy-eyed girl. "I don't know. But please believe me. My family would never go that far. We eliminate our opponents with tactics, not with violence and certainly not with murder," assured Jay. The girl nodded "I know. We did it the same way" she sobbed. 

"I'm lost without dad". Jay pulled the girl to him and hugged her tightly "You're strong. You're smart. You'll do this just as well as your father. It's not the same without him but I know you can do it. I was always scared about the day when you take over his post and I take over my father's. You are an opponent to be taken seriously" he said and stroked the girl's completely tousled hair soothingly. She closed her eyes. It was impressive how healing Jay's presence was. Her eyes burned with tears, but she wasn't crying anymore. Jay had done it again, although this time she was a lot sadder. She felt like she was suffocating. The pain almost killed her but then Jay was there. He saved her.

He had lost both of his parents at once and yet he was so strong. "We both lost everything we had today" Jay said now and the girl tightened her hug "We're on our own" she remarked. Jay nodded. She raised her eyes and looked at him "Let's be alone together" Jay said and the girl nodded. "We can do this. You're strong, I'm strong. We'll find out who stole our parents from us," determined Jay. "And then we will destroy that person," the girl confirmed.
"Now it's us against the world"

----

The weeks that followed were terribly difficult. Y/n had to bury her father. Jay had to bury his mother and father. Jay and Y/n now had to run their families' hotels on their own. Y/n and Jay had to be careful not to get killed themselves. The two had so much to take care of and deal with so many changes that they didn't have time to be together. They missed each other. Y/n had to prove that she would be successful without her father. She had to appear stronger than ever to be respected, but inside she was weaker than ever. She didn't give up because she wanted to make her father proud. Their parents should not have died in vain.

----
Y/n had Caleb come to her office. He might have thought his outrageous behavior would go unpunished. 

"Hello" he said, his grin already pissing the girl off. She stood up "I want you to pack your things and leave. Your services are no longer needed. You still get your monthly salary, but I want you to leave today". Caleb looked at her horrified, "You're going to die if you fire me. You need me," he said, stepping menacingly close to her. She smiled and looked at him just as menacingly "you can be glad I didn't report you to the police you disgusting piece of shit. Get out now". Caleb gave her another angry look "you're finished" and then left her office. 

When the door fell shut behind him, she sank into the office chair her father once sat on. She looked at the picture of her parents on the desk "I hope I don't make any mistakes. I don't want to disappoint you" she said softly. The girl would do anything to be able to talk to her parents again. "I promise I'll find your killer," she assured, taking a deep breath to keep from crying. 

One of her bodyguards entered the office and bowed briefly. "Someone here says he has something to report on your father's murder," he said. Y/n stood up "let him in" she commanded. Her bodyguard nodded and the other brought in a rather young man. "Sit down, please," the girl said, pointing to one of the chairs across from her. When she sat down too, she asked the man what he knew.

"I was there when her father was shot. I was just coming from outside when a hooded person came towards me." The girl listened to him with interest "can you tell anything about the looks?". He shook his head. "I'm sorry. But I think the Parks sent the shooter," he said.
Y/n furrowed her eyebrows "Parks were killed too". The man nodded, "I know. I watched the shooter but he got into Mr. Park's parents' car."
"Are you sure?" asked Y/n urgently. The man nodded, "I'm quite sure. It was the car that later had an accident." 

Y/n was thinking hard "but there was no one in the car except for Jongseong's parents," she remarked. The man nodded, "that's the strange thing. I don't understand it myself."
The girl looked at him "who are you, may I ask?". "My name is Smith. I'm a private investigator." The girl nodded "interesting. Thanks for your report but I think I can do without a private investigator. I don't trust anyone". The man looked at her in amazement "how do you want to find out who did this to you, without my help ?". The girl stood up "you may go now". 

She didn't know what it was but somehow she didn't trust the man's statement. It made no sense what he said.
How was it possible that the person got into jay's parents' car and later was not in the car when the accident happened? It just didn't make sense. 

The girl was sure that she and Jay would find out for themselves. They only had themselves and could not trust anyone. The two of them had to do it alone and sooner or later they would do it alone.