15

The two toasted " to our friendship" Mary then smiled. Y/n nodded "to our friendship".

----

The two enjoyed the time together and were relieved to be able to distract themselves from the stress of everyday life. "Do you want more?" asked Mary but Y/n shook his head. "Come on, don't be boring," Mary whined. "I have to work tomorrow, that's not possible. Really not," the girl refused.

One reason was really the work to be done tomorrow. Another reason was that the girl couldn't let her thinking slip away anymore. She had to prove herself and at that time she couldn't afford something like that.

"I need to go to the bathroom," Y/n said then. "The last door down the hall," informed Mary.

Y/n got up and followed the corridor. Her gaze focused on the beautiful pictures on the walls of the hallway. It made the bare hallway comfortable. A door in front of the bathroom was open. Inside was a desk and lots of shelves. It was probably Mary's father's office.

Only when Y/n came out of the bathroom did she notice a note on the dresser in the hallway. Next to the note there was a vase. When Y/n realized how she knew this type of note, she stopped and swallowed. Her stomach clenched. Was that really possible?

She felt she had seen the envelope before. The paper looked exactly like the paper her father had been blackmailed with. Before she could be sure, she had to check if the same C was in the paper. She quickly grabbed the paper that wasn't written on and went back to the bathroom. She locked the door and held the note up to the light.

"These assholes". The C on the paper was proof. C for Choi. She felt betrayed. Everything suddenly made sense. Mary had only used her. The friend she thought was always close to her had apparently lied to her face several times. It was a sense of absolute betrayal that drowned out everything. She couldn't be sad. That's why she always tried to convince Y/n that it was Jay's family. She wanted to play the two families even more against each other. How could she be so stupid and think someone really wanted to be friends with her? The anger inside her was great, but the girl knew that she couldn't let her emotions win now. She would act like everything was fine. She would tell Jay about it and how they could make Mary and her family pay for what they had done to them. She took a deep breath and stepped back.

"Where have you been so long?" asked Mary. "I think I should go home. I'm not feeling very well". Mary looked at her confused "so suddenly? Shall I call you a cab?". Y/n shook her head "I can do it" she smiled and then left the apartment.

With trembling hands, the girl dialed Jay's number. She looked back at the house. From the wiggling of the curtains she realized that Mary was watching her. Y/n knew now that Mary must have suspected something.

Jay didn't answer his phone "fucking shit" cursed the girl. She ran. She didn't know where to go. What she knew was that she had to get away from here quickly. Mary would kill her.
She had no protection and as she now knew, Mary was capable of anything. How wrong she had been about her. But it was also too beautiful. When she felt bad, Mary was there. She should have seen it. Mary was acting suspiciously. The night her father was shot, Mary disappeared shortly before and never reappeared. Again, Y/n was shown that she really couldn't trust anyone. If she was so wrong about Mary, could she have been wrong about Jay as well?

Y/n didn't know how far she ran and she had no idea where she was. She had tried again to reach Jay, but his cell phone was off. 

She stopped and looked around, completely out of breath. The bag of her belongings from home, which she wanted to take to Jay, on her shoulders felt heavier and heavier. It was already dark now. She was in a park. The paths were poorly lit. Y/n heard the sound of a car and looked around nervously. Why did she hear the car but couldn't see the headlights? The girl held her breath and listened in the darkness. It was quiet again. Maybe she just heard a car on a nearby road?

The girl followed the path and pulled out her phone again. She didn't have internet so Jay couldn't reach her. She couldn't hail a cab anyway because she didn't even know where she was.

She followed the path for quite a while and finally reached the end of the park. There was indeed a road here, but there were no cars in sight. She looked around desperately. At least she could be sure now that no one had followed her. Still, she wasn't safe out here.

The girl looked around for signs indicating where she was. Then she noticed a sign that looked familiar. She had seen it once in her childhood. The letters PH glowed at the top of the tall building. Oddly enough, they were very far apart. Perhaps there was still something written between them that was not enlightened?

Then she knew. She was here with her father once when she was very young. She hadn't recognized the building because of the darkness.
Park Hotels.

She breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe she was lucky and could call Jay from there. When she wanted to enter the building, she was overcome by uncertainty. Everyone in this building knew and hated her. It was the lion's den, but where else would she go? If Jay was here, all she had to do was make it to him. Since his cell phone was off it was very likely that he was here as he only turned his cell phone off in meetings.

She took a deep breath and entered the building. She looked around and recognized a young lady at the counter. Y/n cleared her throat as she stood in front of her. "What can I do for you? ... What are you doing here? You dare to show up here? Leave. Otherwise I'll call the security service!" the woman shrieked. Y/n looked at her dumbfounded and put her finger to her mouth "I need to speak to Mr. Park urgently!". The lady shook her head "I don't think the boss wants to talk to you". Y/n looked at her pleadingly "he'll want to talk to me, please!". "He's in a conversation and doesn't want to be disturbed. I don't understand what you're expecting. Please leave now." Y/n sighed and looked around desperately. "It's very important! Please". The lady sighed and picked up the phone. "I'll call his secretary and ask her to ask him if he wants to see you." Y/n breathed a sigh of relief "Thank you!"

A few minutes later the lady turned back to the girl "you can go to him" she said in a slightly annoyed voice. "I'll take you there unless you want to be mauled on the way". Y/n swallowed and shook her head. She followed the lady into the elevator. They rode all the way upstairs, where Jay's office must be.

Jay's secretary greeted Y/n and knocked on the door. When she opened the door and entered, Y/n's eyes widened. She couldn't believe what she saw. "You fucking bitch" Y/n said walking towards Mary who was standing next to Jay.