03

The girl wished her father good night and then went up the stairs to her room. After a shower, she went to bed in her pajamas.She pulled the covers over her face and closed her eyes. It was always very stressful when guests came to visit.

---- 

"Good morning" said the girl to her father, who was sitting at the table, already working. There was a cup of coffee next to his laptop. "Were you resting well ?" her father asked. The girl nodded.

"Have you also wondered how Jongseong knew about the gun?" her father asked thoughtfully as Y/n sat down at the table. The girl nodded "he said he only saw it and then warned me". The girl's father thoughtfully stroked his chin "do you believe him?". The girl shrugged "I don't think they would go that far to take us out" admitted Y/n and her father nodded "They wouldn't dare... Then it must have been someone else. Just who? " her father wondered.

"I feel so bad leaving you alone after the attack," he said a short time later. "I'm okay!" smiled the girl. Her father had to go on a business trip for a week and Y/n was supposed to sort everything out. "Are you sure? I don't want anything to happen to you," he said worried.
"Mom takes care of me" said the girl "do your work dad" she said encouragingly. Her father nodded and stood up "I'm proud of you. My flight leaves in three hours. I'll be back in a few days" he said and gave his daughter a kiss on the head before disappearing.

"Don't forget tonight's meeting!" her father reminded her before he finally disappeared out the door to go to the airport.

She sighed. It was the first time that her father left her alone for more than two days and somehow she was a bit scared. What if she wouldn't be respected if her father wasn't here? What if she made mistakes?

She rid herself of these negative thoughts and ate her breakfast quickly to be ready on time.

She was greeted with bows as she entered the building and headed for the elevators.

"Good morning" she said smiling and went to the hotel porter at the reception desk."Everything OK?" she asked and the people working there nodded. "Do you want a coffee?" one of them asked and she shook her head "no thanks". 

She went to the elevators and rode to the top floor where her father's office was.There she sat down at the desk and began to work. 

The evening meeting went very slowly. When she was finally home, she fell exhausted onto the couch. 

How did her father stand it every day? 

She looked at her phone a bit confused when she got a message from a number she didn't recognize.She opened the message and realized it was from Caleb. How did he get her number? That was pretty scary. She didn't respond to the message and turned her phone off again. She really didn't have the nerve to answer him. 

She had some dinner and then took a bath to relax. She then texted her father to tell him she was fine and going to bed now.

----

The days that followed were similar. Y/n was amazed at how well it went. 

Today her father would finally come back.She had realized how much she needed him over the days he was gone. Not only at work. The girl hated being alone. 

"Good morning princess"When she heard her father's voice, she quickly ran down the stairs and fell into her father's arms. He smiled and hugged his daughter. 

"Tonight is an event we have to go to. It's really important," her father said. The girl nodded with a sigh. "You don't have to go to the hotel today if you'd rather rest," her father said, but the girl refused. 

Arriving at the hotel, her father first checked whether everything was in order. The girl got herself a coffee. "Hey nice to see you" said Caleb's voice. "Hello," the girl replied. "Why didn't you reply to my message?" he asked and came a little closer. "Oh, I'm sorry. I must have forgotten," she remarked. "That's pretty rude. But you can make it up to me," he said with a grin and took another step towards her, which was too close for her. 

She took a step back and shook her head, "Please don't do that."She pushed him away with her hands as he came closer "stop imposing like that"
She was lucky because at that moment another employee walked in and Caleb walked away from her. She grabbed her coffee and quickly made her way to the elevators and then to her father's office, where she had been working for the past few days. 

----

When they came home from work in the evening, Y/n and her father had to change quickly. The event was going to start soon and they didn't like being late. The girl was wearing an elegant dress. She also wore one of her mother's necklaces. 

 "You look so much like your mother," her father said smiling as she came down the stairs. The girl smiled and then went to the car with her father to go to the event. 

In this industry, celebrations were a big part of the job. Every week there were events where you had to be seen to improve your reputation. Of course, you had to organize parties yourself. 

For the first time, the girl wasn't annoyed because she knew Jongseong would be there, but nervous because Caleb would be there. He was a very good employee, but he'd been acting very strange towards her lately. 

Arriving at the venue, the two got out and entered the house. It was a very large and modern house, the girl noticed. 

At her father's side, she greeted countless people. Again she listened to the same things.The same sexist statements and the same perverted looks. Oh how she hated it. 

When she saw Caleb she got nervous. Would he touch her again? Would he bother her again?

 Her grip on her father's arm tightened as Caleb came over to them."Good evening" Caleb said politely and smiled. His usual perfect smile. That smile looked as rehearsed as her own, the girl noticed.