05

She felt goosebumps on her arms again. It wasn't particularly cold, but there was a night wind that made her freeze a little. It didn't bother her, she enjoyed it.

----

She opened her eyes when she heard footsteps. "Are you following me Park?" she asked annoyed. "I'll give you the chance to apologize" he said and came to her. He stood in front of the girl. "I really hate you" she said. 

She felt his hand on her neck and looked at him in horror. "What are you doing with your hand on my neck?" "I should choke you" he said.
The girl raised her eyebrows "do it. Go ahead." 

"Apologize". She laughed lightly "come on, we've been to this point before". He looked at her intently. The girl rolled her eyes "I'm not good at apologizing. Unfuck you I guess"

He removed his hands from her neck. Only now did she realize that she hadn't felt uncomfortable for a second when he touched her. Was it her, Caleb or Jongseong? Why did she mind the touch of Caleb but not the touch of Jongseong, her enemy? 

"I will never apologize to you again. Once and never again" she said. "Then don't always make me angry," he said. "You deserve an award for the person who annoys me the most," the girl said, crossing her arms over her chest. 

He grinned. It annoyed her that he just grinned and didn't say anything. "Why are you grinning like an idiot?" she asked. "You're cold out here but you always come here. Although you have goosebumps." She lowered her gaze to the floor. "I don't like crowded places," she admitted. "You don't seem like it," he said. "You do like the attention,". The girl looked back at him "You really don't know me at all." "I know the girl you are in public. I think your father is the only one who really knows you. But you don't know me either" he remarked. 

The girl looked at him and realized he was right. "I hate the attention. You can't imagine how many think I can't do it just because I'm a girl. And oh, I don't even have a mother. Everyone here is fake. I hate it in there. There are people in there asking me questions like I'm the dumbest and most incompetent person in the world. But actually they are all just jealous because they know that I am more successful than all of them, even at the age of only 19 and even though I am a girl. Besides..." the girl said, but then stopped. "Besides?" Jongseong asked. "It doesn't matter. I don't even know why I'm even talking to you."
"Maybe because I don't think you're incompetent," he said. 

She looked at him. She didn't know if she could trust him, but she pointed out that he was the only one who was real. He was the only one not pretending. 

"I respect you as an opponent," he admitted. "I'll destroy you anyway," he then added. The girl rolled her eyes "and again I can only wish you luck with it".

He watched her in amusement as she rubbed her hands over her arms. "I'd give you my suit jacket but it was way too expensive for that," he remarked. She looked at him and then laughed lightly "as if I wanted your suit jacket". He crossed his arms over his chest "so you'd rather freeze to death?" The girl nodded and crossed her arms over her chest as well. "People think I'm rude. I let Lee Y/n freeze to death," he said, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, making a disappointed sound.

She looked at him annoyed "People know we don't like each other".
The girl was right about that. 

"Shit" said the girl. Jongseong looked at her confused and then realized that she wasn't looking at him but behind him. He followed her gaze and saw a young man but a little older than him come out of the house and look around. He wore a beige suit and had brown hair.

"Who is this?" asked Jongseong and the little girl looked at him briefly. "An employee of my father," she said, grabbing Jongseong's sleeve. She pulled him closer and hid behind him. Jongseong still looked at the girl a bit confused. "Why are you hiding from him?" he then asked. "Don't ask, it's none of your business," the girl said, looking at Jongseong. "You're using me as a shield right now, of course it's my business," he remarked with a sarcastic undertone. "Shut up"

"Get used to talking nicer to me, I'm older than you," Jongseong said, grabbing her chin to force her to meet his eyes. "I don't care. I don't need your respect," she said so quietly he almost couldn't hear. He had read most of her lips. He grinned even more as she pulled him even closer. She had noticed that Caleb was still there, looking straight in her direction. 

Jongseong was now standing very close to her. "But you need my protection" he said and started to step aside and make the little girl visible. "No!" she said desperately but quietly and stopped him. He grinned contentedly and raised his eyebrows defiantly. "Fuck you, really. I say that from the bottom of my heart".

Jongseong nodded and grinned victoriously. "Is he chasing you because you look so hot in that dress?" asked the boy shielding the girl from Caleb's eyes. The girl swallowed. She didn't answer because she couldn't. Jongseong's eyes looked questioningly at the girl, then a hint of concern was detected. "Did he bother you?" he now asked. The girl looked back at Jongseong "Not more than you do" 

"You don't like it when he does it," Jongseong stated. "Of course not" said the girl. "But if I do, you don't mind," he said. "How do you know that? It bothers me when you do that," she remarked. "Your body says otherwise," the elder whispered. 

He put his hands on the girl's hips. The girl inhaled quickly, as if trying to hold her breath. If he had walked any further towards her, nothing would have fit between the two, but her hands on his chest stopped him. He got so close that she could smell his perfume clearly. The girl was so distracted by his lips dangerously close to her neck that she had forgotten that she was only hiding from Caleb. She had forgotten that Jongseong was her enemy. She didn't notice Caleb walking back into the house. Catching herself with her eyes closed, she opened them quickly and saw that Caleb was gone. She took a deep breath to get her pulse under control. She pushed the older one away. 

She looked at Jongseong for a moment "you really want to kiss me , don't you?". Jongseong gave a short laugh to "don't think you're special. I would kiss any girl". The girl looked at him "You're just like everyone else. Sexist and gross. You think you can do anything just because you have money and you're good looking?". She turned around annoyed and went to the parking lot. 

She couldn't stay near Jongseong, but she couldn't go back inside either. Caleb must have been there, lurking around a corner like a cat from a mouse hole.