07

She visited her mother and played the piano for her father. It reminded her a bit of her childhood. When she had more free time, she played the piano every day. Her father always said that he forgot all his worries when he listened to her play.

----

The girl put the bag with her overnight things in the trunk of her father's car. She absolutely didn't want to have to stay in this house and she knew that her father didn't want to either.

Since the meeting of the most important hotel bosses unfortunately took place in a different house each time, they had to stay at the Parks this time. Y/n was there for the first time. She wouldn't be allowed to come to the meeting, but neither was Jongseong allowed. As far as the girl knew, four other hotel managers were present at this meeting. The girl did not know exactly what was discussed there. Her father wanted her to come along because she should slowly learn what was important and what was to do. He didn't want his daughter to be overwhelmed when he couldn't help her anymore.

Y/n was really grateful to her father for explaining and teaching her everything so well.

She spoke to some people again. Some she already knew, some not. She had to admit that today's conversations were more pleasant than usual. She didn't know why, but today she didn't feel as uncomfortable as usual. Maybe that was because she hadn't met Caleb and Jongseong before.

The girl was reassured knowing that Caleb would leave in the evening. He wasn't important enough to stay at the Parks' house overnight.

The girl was also looking for Mary. They had talked a lot on the phone in the past week and had really gotten along very well. Unfortunately, the girl did not discover her new friend Mary.

"Y/n, can we talk?" asked Jongseong's voice behind the girl. She turned around in surprise and her father looked at his rival's son rather unhappily "I don't think my daughter wants to talk to you," he then said. The girl sighed. Actually, her father was right. She had absolutely no desire to talk to Jongseong, but it didn't seem like he intended to annoy her.

"It's okay dad. I'll be right back".Jongseong took the girl to a quieter area of the house. It was a hallway that probably led to the kitchen.

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior. It really wasn't polite of me to treat you like that...If I'm honest then...I don't just kiss anyone. I like to flirt, yes. But I don't give anyone false hope," he said.

Y/n was taken aback by his apology. His statement was very disrespectful to women and he seemed to have realize,  what Y/n appreciated. "Glad you realize how silly that was. But you don't have to apologize to me. We're not friends or anything" she remarked. Jongseong nodded.

"I would have kissed you if you hadn't stopped me..." he said as the girl was about to leave. She turned to him "so you kiss everyone" she said, making an indignant noise. "No! I am not like that." he paused. „Think what you want. I don't care about your opinion of me anyway" he said and walked past her annoyed. She looked after him a little confused. Why was he so sensitive?

Then the girl made her way back to the other guests. She was glad that most of them would disappear during the evening. 

----

"Y/n!" said a familiar voice behind her. The girl smiled happily when Mary walked in the door. "I thought you weren't coming," Y/n said. "We were stuck in traffic" said Mary annoyed "but now we are here" she grinned and Y/n was very happy about that. 

She spent the whole evening with Mary and was very disappointed when Mary told her that they would not be staying either.

When the girl wanted to go to the balcony to catch some air, she realized that Caleb was there. She wanted to go back inside quickly, but the alcohol limited her ability to react. It was too late. He had seen her and was already standing in front of her. "Nice to talk to you again" he said.
He realized quickly that the girl wasn't quite herself.

(TW: sexual assault (kissing&touching) the next two paragraphs) 

 The girl felt her back hit the wall as she tried to avoid him. She couldn't think straight but she knew she didn't want what he was doing. She tried to remove his hands from her hips but he was too strong for her. If she hadn't been drinking so much, she wouldn't have been in this situation at all. She couldn't fight back. His touch disgusted the girl so much that she felt nauseous. Maybe it was the alcohol?

She cried and kept saying that he should stop and that he should leave her alone. "No" she sobbed as he started kissing her hands. "Stop it please" she said but he ignored it. She kept pushing him away so that he had nowhere else to kiss her but her hands. It was bad enough.
"I don't want this" she cried softly.

Caleb didn't listen.

----

"You bloody bastard!"

Jongseong grabbed the man's shoulder and pulled him back. He lunged and punched him hard in the face. 

Caleb looked at Jongseong in horror and grabbed his bleeding nose as he ran away.

Y/n cried. She stumbled a step towards Jongseong. He quickly walked over to her and wrapped his arms around the girl for support. 

"Jay," the girl whispered, her voice cracking. "I got you," he said reassuringly. "I'm so scared of him." Jay noticed that the girl was under the influence of alcohol and he knew that Caleb had taken advantage of it. "That was why you hid?" Jay asked. The girl nodded. Jay held her in his arms until her breathing calmed.

The girl hid her face on his chest the whole time. His heartbeat calmed her. She felt safe.They were out there a long time and didn't notice how more and more guests were saying goodbye. Y/n couldn't go back in yet and Jay wasn't going to leave the girl alone. Not at this moment. 

Even if the two don't like each other, Jay knows how to deal with women. He knows how to deal with her.

"Are you feeling better?" Jay asked turning to the girl. She nodded and pulled away from him "I love that irony..." she said. Jay looked at her a little confused."My enemy has to protect me from a man and then I stand there forever in his arms and cry" she said and laughed lightly.

"You still think we can keep pretending we hate each other?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "I don't pretend," she answered firmly. "Come on...We both know we want each other."

She swallowed and looked at him as casually as possible. She knew she couldn't deny it. She felt the need for his touch. She craved his touch.
"Can't you hate and want each other at the same time?" so she asked interested. Jay laughed lightly and took another step towards her "that's not how it works sweetie". 

"You just called me Jay" he then remarked and a grin spread across his face. She just looked at him and then made an annoyed noise "yes okay. I did, and now?"

-----------------

a/n: 

hi, this is my first time signing up. I hope you enjoy the book so far. I really enkoy writing this book!
If you're wondering why everything seems to get fine already... don't rejoice too soon ;)