2: Broken Clock

Hyunjin pops a gummy bear into her mouth, rolling her eyes and sighing at another of Minjeong's huffs.

"Are you still mad about that? It was-" Hyunjin pushes down each finger as she silently counts. "3 days ago and you haven't seen her since."

Minjeong breathes through her nose. "Yes. And I've been shoving pass her whenever I see her in the hallways because she can open that mouth of her's." The brunette plops down next to Hyunjin.

Minjeong hates being second. Everyone knows it.

Jimin reminding her she'll always be second is what she hates even more. But she still isn't sure why she's frustrated over it when it's a usual antic from the raven. Maybe she was more mad about being tugged into the pool when she wasn't supposed to.

But then again, when has she ever cared?

She loses to her own thoughts. "I don't know why I'm still so upset over it." She admits, crossing her arms.

Hyunjin faces her body toward the brunette. "I'm going to ask you a question. And I want you to be one hundred percent honest with me." Her friend's words causes Minjeong to raise an eyebrow.

"Do you ever get tired of you two bickering? Maybe, you guys can atleast talk it out? Finally put an end to this?" Hyunjin pleads.

At first, the brunette takes it as another joking plead from her friends, but the look in Hyunjin's eyes tell her differently.

Although, Minjeong values her pride, and she's certain the raven does too.

Shifting in her seat, Minjeong blinks slowly. "You didn't have Heejin tell this to Jimin, did you?" She asks curiously.

Hyunjin purses her lips. "She's going to try, but I doubt she'll give Heejin a better answer." She smiles sadly, another gummy bear making way to her mouth.

Minjeong reaches over to grab one for herself, her responses circulating in her head.

Preparing for meets are always a bit stressful. While Minjeong doesn't show much of her leadership abilities out loud, her brain is always turning gears at what strategies to do.

Nobody doubts her for her abilities, since she's top ranked in the city, racing to appear in the country ranks.

She takes pride in it, she took something she enjoyed and turned it into something she could work for semi professionally.

Mixture of Hyunjin's words and the meet swirls around her mind constantly. In short words, she isn't sure why she should try to be civil with Jimin when Jimin's the one who has been provoking the girl since. If anything, the raven should be trying to be civil with her.

Slowly, she squats down, gripping onto the barbell tightly. Her breathing does its best to even out as she completes multiple reps.

She's glad the university has their own huge gym, she didn't have to drive far just to go to a sucky one that she'd had to pay an unreasonable amount for.

Behind her, Ryujin spots her, hands going up and down with her just in case. "You still want to go for more?" Ryujin asks, passing her a towel once the brunette placed the barbell on the rack.

She's already done 4 reps, more than her usual. "I think I'm good. I know you must be looking at me crazy because I just blasted through 4 reps with ease." She chuckles.

Ryujin laughs along with her, gulping down her water. "Something's bothering you."

Minjeong sighs. "Why does everyone keep asking me that?" She runs her fingers through her hair.