12: Stick With Me

[Minjeong]: Hey, can we talk?

[Jimin]: yeah, usual spot?

[Minjeong]: yes

After a good while of pondering, Minjeong realized how badly she treated Jimin. She's lucky Jimin even had enough patience with her to sit down and talk.

Fiddling with her fingers, Minjeong waits patiently, a little anxious. Her heart heightens everytime someone entered the library.

Shit, she doesn't remember the last time she was this nervous.

Deciding to be patient, Minjeong resumes her studying, trying to calm her wavering nerves. But almost as soon as the brunette turns her body, someone slips into the seat next to her.

"Hi." Jimin greets, shifting her body properly in the chair.

Minjeong greets back, facing Jimin. "Hi." Her heart skips a beat as Jimin smiles.

"What did you want to talk about?" The raven asks curiously, folding her hands into her lap.

The brunette takes a breath. "After the last time we talked, I realized some things and again, you didn't deserve the way I treated you. I don't want to make it seem like we're just glossing over the fact that I hurt you. I want to be able to fix it and make it right. I really want to be better for you, because I think you deserve everything I have to offer.... so I think it's best to take everything slowly if that's okay.." Minjeong explains, opting to choosing her words carefully.

Jimin takes in her words before deciding to speak. "Obviously, we can't be friends 'friends' and I'll have to learn to trust you again. But maybe getting to know eachother more is probably the best decision." The raven agrees, slowly nodding her head.

They both become quiet, Minjeong glad that she's swept away the final bit of tiny fear she had.

The raven clears her throat, scooting in a bit more. "Is it okay if I ask why you disappeared for a few days?" Jimin's voice wavers a bit.

Minjeong closes her notebook, stuffing it into her backpack. She stands up, pulling the raven up with her. "I'll tell you outside." The brunette replies, beginning to walk toward the library exit.

As they walk, this time, it doesn't feel as awkward as it was before. In fact, this time, there's a comfortable silence among them while they walk through the hallways. Even though there's distance between, Minjeong content with the space in between them.

They trot all the way to the middle of the grass field, the brunette's favorite spot. The raven is the first person she's ever thought about bringing to field. Luckily for them, the grass is cut short and they're able to sit comfortably. Minjeong tucks her knees into her chest, letting the air brush against her face.

Minjeong takes a deep breath. "My dream has always been to join the Olympics team. Let's just say I've had multiple opportunities to do so. At late 15, I had an opportunity to train with the youth team. Me and my best friend, Goeun.... we were partners in crime. She was everything to me, the first person to make my heart skip a beat."

The brunette takes a pause, surprised she hasn't cried yet. "On a Friday, I was excited because me and Goeun had made it to the finals of a really important competition. We would eventually have to face each other. But that day, in school, she was nowhere to be found. I thought she was just absent, or sick and usually, she would've texted me she was going to be. The intercom had announced that teachers should let students in late for a bit because there was an accident near by." Minjeong's voice trails by the last sentence.