8: Just Like me

[Jimin]: hi

[Minjeong]: heyyy

[Jimin]: hey hey I wanted to ask if you wanted to go ice skating with me later?

[Minjeong]: you couldn't ask your friends?

[Jimin]: you're my friend too though

[Jimin]: right?

[Minjeong]: I guess...

[Jimin]: I want to go since my friends have been saying i should go and try it out since it's fun. I didn't want to be the only one who didn't know how to skate so I'm asking you

[Minjeong]: they lied btw😭

[Minjeong]: my brother ice skates when he's not swimming and is pretty good at it. He taught me how to skate when I was younger.

[Jimin]: I see... so Yuna lied to me

[Minjeong]: I'd love to still go if you want

[Jimin]: really? I mean if you want to

[Minjeong]: I would love to Jimin, seriously

[Jimin]: ok! is 3:30 okay for you?

[Minjeong]: That's fine

[Minjeong]: I'll get you lunch after

[Jimin]: 😁 screenshotting for evidence

Minjeong stands in front of the mirror again. She huffs again, turning back to walk into her closet. But Ryujin blocks it, crossing her arms.

The raven grabs her by her shoulders and out of her room doors. "You look great, plus it's almost 3PM." Ryujin reminds her but Minjeong shuffles in her hands.

They stop in the middle of the living room. "But-" Minjeong tries but shuts up when her friend places her finger against her lips.

"No buts. Yeji texted me saying Jimin is as nervous as you are." Ryujin pats down her hair, easing her nerves.

Looking up at the other girl, Minjeong realizes she's lucky to have a best friend like Ryujin. "Thank you, Ryujin." She whispers.

The raven smiles at her before pushing her out the main door. "Have fun and don't come back, Yeji is supposed to come over."

Minjeong fakes a hurl but grins nevertheless.

As her dorm door shuts, she realizes there's no turning back. Minjeong breathes in and out before beginning to walk down the hallway.

Meet me in front of the building.

No Jaemin, no coaches, no friends. Just her and Jimin.

Hanging out as friends. Right, right. Then why is she overthinking everything? She hasn't been this nervous since the first time she swam in her first swim meet.

But then again, this is her crush she's talking about. What if she makes a fool of herself? She'll never be able to live that down. Maybe she should just tell Jimin she's busy and reschedule for when she's actually ready.

"Minjeong?" She hears a familiar voice call for her.

Jerking her head to the side, Minjeong catches Jimin's eyes. They stand there quietly, the brunette's hands tucked into pockets nervously. Minjeong tries to ignore the constant thump against her chest that makes her hold her breath.