22: i want yu around

They say final preparations toward huge achievements are nerve wracking.

Sure, Minjeong's felt the feeling in her chest but it must mean its a good thing because she's not sure how she's made it this far.

She was happy. Truly happy.

There's constant reminders of everything she's achieved and Jimin's reminds her not to ever downplay them because the raven thinks she's deserved everything she's ever earned.

There's just a few things left on her list of goals.

Minjeong places flowers on top of the two slabs. She purses her lips, eyes skimming the names that read. It took a few movements before her threatening tears were blinked away.

"I'm sorry for not visiting you all this time. I've spent time trying find myself and I hope you can forgive me for making you wait so long." Minjeong's voice is at a whisper.

The jacket around her shoulder is tugged tighter and she feels the snow sink into her jeans. "I wish I could've introduced you two to her, but things don't always go our way. But her name is Yu Jimin, and she means alot to me. She takes good care of me so you don't need to worry about me."

Minjeong wipes her cold tears, exhaling a breath that grasps at her chest. "I'll always love you two. I hope you're proud of me." The brunette warmly smiles, letting out a few tears before standing up.

December comes quick like a cat being caught by an unknown person.

Winter.

(Summer, Junior Year of Highschool.)

"Why do you hate summer so much?" Minjeong groaned at the raven's glare.

The pool was warm, and apparently, Jimin didn't like warm pool water. Summer lifeguarding was a pain in the ass, even worse when their captain found issues she remembered mentioning she didn't want.

Jimin crossed her arms, sending the vice captain a glare. "It's already hot enough. Why would they keep the water warm when it's 90 degrees outside!" She let out a frustrated scream.

Minjeong could only chuckle. She noticed there was many things the raven disliked. She was also pretty sure she was on the top of the list because Jimin was giving her the "I blame this on you." glare that the brunette knew way too well.

Jimin approached the brunette, who was by the edge of the pool, in the warm water, with her arms on top of the platform. She plopped herself right next to the girl, sitting on the edge of the pool.

It was probably the first time the brunette knew she was fucked—because the one person she despised the most shouldn't be staring at her with a type of fondness Minjeong had never received from her. Minjeong shouldn't be able to notice the unfamiliar glint in her eyes.

The brunette made a note to press on Jimin's buttons more after the raven made her do 4 long laps in the 200 meter.

Minjeong was also made a guinea pig for testing the temperature of the water. "Well, it's not that warm, so stop being dramatic. Summer isn't that bad." She rolled her eyes at the girl.

Jimin turned her head to the side, staring at the people playing around in the other pool. "I don't know, I just like Winter a bit better." She admitted before turning back to the brunette.

The raven warmly smiled at her. It was the one of the very few times Jimin hadn't scowl at her at her instead. (Minjeong thinks, Jimin should smile more.)