11: Girls need love

Minjeong closes off again.

She knows.

It's a very bad habit of her's but it's complicated to deal with things so Minjeong rather not talk to anybody. Keeping to herself has been a lot easier and gets her out of trouble.

But this time around, Jimin's in the equation now. It's hard to believe how much the raven's turnt her life into a never ending mess when she was only supposed to thinking about school and swim. These days, she hasn't thought about either. Instead, she's been piecing the puzzles of the words she's heard.

Ignoring Jimin is like trying to avoid drinking water, you can't.

Minjeong forgets that Jimin and her have become close in the past few weeks, so she knows everywhere the brunette goes, and currently (?), it's not at Minjeong's advantage right now.

Excuses fly out when Jimin visits the library, opting to have their daily conversation. It's getting so ridiculous that even Minjeong knows the excuses are unrealistic. But it's then again, become a habit at this point.

Truthfully, she's tired of running. She barely gets any sleep anymore, unhealthily drowning herself in assignments until caffeine can't possibly help keeping her eyes open.

She still manages to hang out with her other friends, except Jimin. Whenever they're together as a group, the two girls are separated instead of being side by side like they always were. Minjeong unconsciously slugs her arm from the raven's hand, shifting a bit further away from Jimin.

She doesn't notice the hurt expressions that flashes on Jimin's face when she puts space in between them. Maybe it's for the better. Minjeong is guarding her aching confused heart.

Messages and missed calls take up her phone lockscreen every hour from her friends but truthfully, she can't find it in her to care. If she ever has to explain her behavior, she knows she'll falter in the thought of having to do something relatively worse.

The brunette finds out, that her feelings for Jimin only stupidly grows. Her chest constantly feels tight, and she so badly wishes it would stop.

"Kim Minjeong, if you don't tell me right now why you've been avoiding Jimin, I'll beat your ass." Aeri barges into her dormitory.

Minjeong sucks in an impatient breath, turning around. "There's no reason. I've just been really stressed." She admits, obviously failing to control her emotions.

The red haired girl lets out a breath in disbelief, her hands on her hips and her head leaned back. "You fucking liar."

She can't believe she's become this.

Her fingers thread through her hair. "Get out." Minjeong rushes out, not wanting to deal with the situation.

But Aeri doesn't leave, instead she walks up to the brunette, grabbing her shoulders. "I don't know what's been up with you these days, but it's definitely not how my best friend acts. If you've cared to notice, you would've realized that Jimin's been crying everyday." The red haired girl finally reveals, spitefulness following.

Minjeong's face flushes in concern and confusion. "What?"

Aeri's eyes searches Minjeong's eyes for a beat before letting go of her and scoffing. "She's been crying. She doesn't know what she did wrong for you to be avoiding her like this all of the sudden."

The red haired girl's words register all too quickly for Minjeong.

Panic arises in her, but she tries her best to hide it, replacing it with coldness. "It's not her, it's me." Minjeong responds blankly, her body stepping away from Aeri.