15: Mesmerized

There's something about falling in love.

Minjeong doesn't know how to explain the feeling because her brain over complicates things leaving her in a pile of mush, staring up at her ceiling blankly.

If she was to type out how she feels being next to Jimin, past Minjeong probably would've faked a hurl. Truthfully, the brunette isn't sure there's enough words in the word to explain how much she's in love with Yu Jimin.

Yu Jimin has seen the parts of her she's never shown anybody. Not even Aeri or Ryujin. It isn't easy for her to be vulnerable—when she's does, there isn't a way to control it.

Maybe it's because Jimin makes it okay to seem weak sometimes. Minjeong's pride is one she holds proudly, letting it go for even a moment used to feel so wrong. She never realized that it blinded her at times, resulting in hurtful words toward people who never deserved it.

With knees pressing against each other, it's simple to strip down her walls, showing just her. Jimin holds her together when nobody's around.

'Open your heart up'

'Hoping I'll never find out that you're anyone else'

'Cause I love you just how you are'

'And hope you never find out who I really am'

'Cause you'll never love me, you'll never love me, you'll never love me'

She's still scarred somewhere, scared that one day , the cracks that seep will eat her up and she'll become someone she's not.

Now, she's not so afraid.

"Earth to Minjeong?"

The brunette blinks, sitting up. "Sorry." She mumbles, rubbing at her eyes.

She's exhausted, in the late fall. In the winter, trials would be coming up, and studying for exams while interning at Yu Law Firm made her realize how much she should start cherishing full sessions of sleep.

Not that it's hard to juggle all of them, she has friends who can help her understand materials for certain classes in study groups. Interning isn't as hard as she thought, considering she understands most of the things explained and picks up on new concepts easily. What she's worried about the most is, of course-

Swim.

Being fast enough in the city isn't enough to cut it. She's going to be going up against other swimmers from different countries and cities. The nerves can't be helped.

"You do that face when you're anxious." Sunwoo points finger at her.

Minjeong slaps his hand down, letting a breath out. She pushes her glasses up her nose, scanning the screen for the topic they're going over. 'Theory of computation'-

Yeah, she's going back to blanking out.

Before she can, Sunwoo taps the girl. "Oh no, no, no. You need to catch me up on some things." He reminds her, causing her to groan.

Minjeong thinks for a moment. "You already know I'm dating Jimin, I got an invitation to the trials, I'm doing an internship that gives me a lot of money-" The brunet swings his hands, causing the brunette to immediately pause in her words.

Sunwoo takes a breath. "You got invited to the trials?" He says each word slowly.

Minjeong clamps her hand over his mouth before the boy can scream. "Yes, me and Jimin did." Minjeong replies, removing her hand from the boy's mouth.