PROLOGUE

SURVIVING THE END

                                                                    PROLOGUE

Saturday was a normal day for me. I convinced my mom to let Kat stay the night. Kat was my best friend. We have been friends since we were 9, now we are 13. We stayed up all night so we ended up sleeping until 11:30AM. I got up before Kat and got dressed before heading downstairs. Mom and Dad watched the news as i headed to the kitchen for some cereal. as i started eating, there was a loud warning alarm. I frowned setting my bowl down on the counter and walked to the living room. The TV had a red screen with warning in big bold letters. Then a lady showed up on screen, she looked scared. 

"Everyone needs to stay indoors. We had an explosion nearby at the factory." before she could finish, we could hear someone screaming behind the camera. the woman looked terrified before she got up and took off running. something moved in front of the camera but i couldn't tell what it was before the camera fell and the screen went black. My parents looked at each other with fear. I could hear Kat running down the stairs. when i looked at her she looked scared. she had her phone in her hand. 

"Kat?" I choked out her name. "what's wrong?" she wouldn't look at me. she could only look at the floor.

"My mom called then started screaming and then the line went dead." she broke down crying. My mom walked up to Kat, giving her a tight soothing hug. there was something out there killing people. it wasn't an explosion, it was worse. far more worse. this was the end of the world.