Chapter 4

we decided to hide out till morning. we sat side by side in silence. I lent my head on Lucas's shoulder. Lucas had my hand in his as we waited for the sun. 

"Lucas?" I whispered. he hummed in response. I looked up at him with tired eyes. "what do we do after we find out what you are and everything else?" Lucas lent his head back and took a deep breath. 

"I'm not sure. maybe find somewhere safe and live our life the best we can. maybe find more people. a safe haven." I smiled at that idea. maybe we could find something like that. Lucas sighed and sat up and faced me. I sat up and looked at him. 

"Danny. I'm sorry for everything." Lucas looked like he was going to explode. "I have no idea what was going on and Abby never explained what i was supposed to do when she let me out. she taught me to speak and read but never taught me to survive, or to defend myself." I shook my head and put my hand on his cheek. 

"this isn't your fault. it's their fault. they made something that they couldn't control. they created urban legends that you only see in movies and read in books. Banshees, hell hounds, sirens. none of those are supposed to exist. They're just stories but these people tried to bring them to life. I'm not really sure how they did it but I want to find out. I want them to pay for what they did to my home." Lucas frowned and looked away from me. I lifted his head to look at me. "our home." I lent in and gave him a sweet kiss. Lucas kissed me back just as soft. 

with Lucas's help we were able to sneak past any guards and ran to the door. 

"this is it." he said as he walked up to it. the door was no longer there. it was just a huge hole now. something huge came out of here and I had a feeling on what that was. we walked in slowly and looked around. half the lights in the hall no longer worked and the other half flickered. Lucas led the way to where he was being held.  we heard voices coming up from down the hall. I whispered to Lucas and we hid in a dark room. I listened for them as they walked past. Lucas turned on the light and looked around. there were some file cabinets. i opened one after another but there was nothing here.I went back to the door and listened before walking out. i looked around making sure no one else was around. when it was clear I motioned Lucas to follow and he led the way to the room. 

Lucas stopped in front of a door and took a deep breath before opening the door. no one was inside so we walked in and i closed the door behind me. the lights were already on. I looked around in amazement. to my right there was an L shaped desk in the corner with a computer set up. to my left there was a huge machine. to large tables sat in the middle of the room with another computer. it was on a shelf-like piece attached to the table so the computer was at eye level. the back corner to the right was another large machine and a small black fridge. the left back corner was a glass box. it was the size of a jail cell. a bed, toilet, desk.  beside that was a large cabinet. i walked up to it and looked inside. it was full of lab coats. I closed it and looked beside it. file cabinets, bingo. I looked at Lucas to tell him, but he was looking at the glass box. that must have been where he stayed. I took a deep breath and walked up to him. I set my hand on his upper arm and lend into him. 

"this room is all i ever knew." he sounded like we was going to tear up. before i could say anything i heard a voice coming. I pulled Lucas to the cabinet and we hid inside. 

"we can't make another one like him." there was a woman. "he was a complicated experiment to begin with. I got lucky with him."

"then un-complicate it Abby." Abby? I held onto Lucas's arm. I couldn't have him running out now. 

"even if I could, I would need the hell hound DNA and another human. even then it may not work. i went through 10 bodies before him. he was special and now he's probably dead." the man sounded older than Abby. and he seemed to be the boss. "sir, I understand that we need soldiers like him but it will take years to get that many. it took 3 years just to get the new one we have now and she's not all that reliable. humans are almost extinct and all the bodies you brought me are gone. i need fresh DNA." there was silence. 

"I'll get you what you need." he said and slammed the door. I could hear Abby's sigh. was she talking about Lucas? I looked at Lucas and he looked hurt. like someone had stabbed him in the back. Lucas looked at me and kissed me softly before pushing me lightly to the other side and walking out. I peaked around the corner and saw the girl jump. she looked surprised to see him. 

"Lucas?" she whispered. 

"what am I? am I just one of your experiments? a soldier? a weapon for you guys? I didn't ask for this? you took care of me! I trusted you! you were like a mother to me!" Lucas started yelling and getting angry. I walked out and walked in front of him. his eyes glowed yellow again. it seemed that only happened when he was angry or scared. 

"Lucas, look at me." I forced his head to look down at me. his yellow eyes started to fade back to brown. 

"incredible." Abby spoke softly. I turned around and looked at her. she looked at me and shook her head. "I didn't think the hell hound would ever come out. growing up he was only human. he never showed any signs of anything else." Abby had brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair. she was small, about my height. 

"you put a hell hound in a child?" I glared at her. she put her hands up. 

"the children I do these experiments on were meant to pass away. they all have or had stage 4 cancer. there was no saving them. Lucas was just an infant when he was brought to me. his family let him go because they couldn't handle watching him die."  I shook my head in horror. 

"so u just dose them with what? magic?" Abby looked at me like i was crazy. 

"no, magic isn't real. I got DNA from a dog and picked some stuff together with human DNA and used a needle and injected it into them. I was surprised by what I got. i was trying to build an army so we could win the war. i was trying to make men strong and unstoppable. never sleep, eat, drink. Lucas, he was different though. he had more human than hound in him. he did everything a human did but he never slowed down, he never..." she looked up at Lucas. 

"I never get attached." I looked at Lucas in shock. "I have emotions but if i lost someone or something, I felt nothing." Abby smiled in amazement. before anything else could be said the door opened and a man walked in.

"hey Abby." he froze when he looked up and saw us. great. this was just awesome. he pulled out a hand gun and pointed it at us. I roll my eyes and groan as I lift my hands up.