Chapter 11

i went back and walked straight to my house. i set my things down and pulled the test out of my pocket. i looked at it not believing what it was saying. 

"Danny?" i jumped and hid the test behind me. it was Lucas. "can we talk?" I looked away from him with sadness. 

"does Ellie know you're here?" i asked. Lucas locked his jaw. 

"i told her to screw off. she tried to kiss me yesterday and i told her i wasn't interested in her like that. that i had someone else in mind." I shot my head up and looked at him. he really said that to her? Lucas walked up to me as he spoke again. "I also told her that i make my own choices. that all i wanted was you." he was really close to me now. Lucas lifted my head to look into his eyes. "I know you feel the same as i do." he whispered and lend in closer to me. i felt his hot breath on my lips. i couldn't help it any longer. i crashed my lips into his and wrapped my arms around his neck. he kissed me back even harder. 

"I love you Danny." he whispered before kissing me again. my body shivered under his touch. his hands slid under my shirt making me grin. Lucas backed up, taking my hand and walked me to the bedroom. I followed him with a smile on my face, leaving the test on the counter. 

I woke up to something shattering in the other room. I groaned and sat up. i looked around the room but Lucas wasn't around. i frowned and got out of bed and put some clothes on before walking out of the room. there was broken glass on the floor in the kitchen. Lucas was bent over looking at it. i frowned and walked up to him. I bent down beside him and set my hand on his shoulder. he was in sweat pants with no shirt on. Lucas looked up at me with a painful look in his eyes. 

"Lucas..." before i could ask what was wrong his eyes changed color and he stood up. I slowly stood up and watched him. he dropped something on the counter and i froze looking at him. I knew what it was. i had no reason to look at it. i took a deep breath and waited for him to say something. we looked each other in the eye for a long time. 

"is it mine?" he finally asked. i finally looked at the test sitting on the counter. 

"yes." i whispered. Lucas was too quiet. I looked up to him. "i just found out yesterday." Lucas shook his head. 

"were you going to even tell me?" i reached for him but he pulled away. 

"of course i was going to. when you came over last night, i was going to tell you then but i didn't know how. i figured today would be better..." i looked at the test and frowned. "you found it before i could tell you. I'm sorry, but that's not something that i can just blurt out. i don't even understand it. i'm freaking out." Lucas softened his glare on me. did he understand? "to be honest, i don't even know if i can have the baby." Lucas frowned and walked up to me. 

"why do you think that?" i held back my tears and took a deep breath.

"what if it's..." i couldn't choke it out. 

"not human? like me?" he sounded hurt. i looked up at him, my eyes watered so bad that everything was blurry. his glowing eyes the only thing i could see.

"what if i'm not capable of carring it?" Lucas whipped the tears that escaped my eyes. 

"you are strong, Danny. and I'm here every step of the way. you can do it." he smiled making me smile. he had so much faith in me. "i should probably clean this mess up." Lucas whispered. he kissed me on the forehead and started cleaning. 

we went for a walk after words. we decided not to tell anyone yet. it was too soon, i didn't want Ellie knowing and trying to kill me. Lucas tried telling me not to worry about her, but i was human. i couldn't help but worry. just as it couldn't get worse Ellie walked up to us. she didn't look happy. 

"Lucas. we are leaving. we don't belong nor fit in." Lucas looked at her and shook his head.

"i'm not leaving. I told you before. i see you as a friend, someone who helped me figure out who i was, but my heart lies with Danny." i smiled when he said that. I took his hand in mine and squeezed it. 

"I can make you not belong here." she hissed. her eyes started glowing along with her rage. this wasn't good. Lucas stood in front of me. just then Ellie began to scream as loud as she could. my hands slammed to my ears in pain. i fell to the ground screaming in pain. I tried to watch Lucas, the screaming didn't affect him. he looked back at me his eyes glowing yellow. when Ellie stopped i let go of my ears and looked around. everyone was watching us in horror. 

"ENOUGH ELLIE!" Lucas yelled. she flinched. she slammed the back of her hand into Lucas's face, it was so hard that he went flying. Lucas landed just beside the fire pit on his back. i looked at Ellie and she was staring at me. 

"what's going on out here!" i heard Morgan walking up to us. i went to stand up but Ellie kicked me back down to the ground.

"Morgan no." i whimpered but he didn't listen. he grabbed Ellie by the shoulder. she swung around and pushed into his chest making him fly back a few feet. he groaned and sat up, he was holding his head. Ellie moved her attention back to me. i glared at her as she bent down. she towered over me. 

"with you gone, he will be with me. i'll be all he has." she hissed. i chuckle and shake my head. Ellie stood up and slammed her foot into my stomach and i went flying. i slammed into one of the buildings. I landed on my side and groaned. i rolled to my stomach and tried to get up but she was already on me. she grabbed a hand full of my hair and pulled my head back so i could look her in the face. i could feel blood running down my chin. i grinned and laughed. i couldn't fight her. she was too strong for me. all i could do was let her beat me. i was going to lose the baby. "any last words?" she asked. I looked behind her and grinned.

"yeah, behind you bitch." i spit on the last word and pushed her. she caught her balance and turned around. it was Lucas, but as a dog. he growled at her and ran at her slamming her into the house. Kyle came running to me and helped me get away. when we were at a safe distance i stopped and turned around. i think my shoulder was broken and my right ankle. i limped around so i could watch the house. There were screams and howling, all in pain. after a moment there was silence. i watched in fear that Lucas wasn't gonna be the one to make it out. i limped forward just a bit. i could hear people whispering to one another.

"Danny, don't." Kyle spoke but i didn't want to listen. i limped farther. "Danny!" Kyle yelled and stood in front of me. "what are you doing?" 

"i need to make sure he's okay." i said and walked around him. just then I saw something small walk out the door. Lucas walked out limping down the steps and stopped, looking at me. he whimpered and fell to his side. "no." i breathed out and tried to get to him as fast as i could. i bent to his side in pain and looked at him. i rubbed his fur and blood covered him. i cried out for help but no one moved. Lucas's form turned back to humans and i heard their gasps. 

"PLEASE, HELP HIM!" i cried out again. Lucas groaned and lifted his hand and held onto mine tightly. i looked down at him and he opened his eyes. they were still yellow. i frowned when they flickered. "Lucas?" he smiled and shook his head.

"they wont help me. they're afraid of me." he coughed. i cried and looked over his body. he had cuts and blood all over him. he was losing a lot of blood. i got up and limped to Kyle without whimpering. i got in his face.

"he saved all of you and you're just going to let him die?" i hissed in anger. Kyle looked at Morgan and then back at me.

"he's a monster. he doesn't deserve to live." he hissed back. i glared at him. i glared at everyone. i went back to Lucas and sat beside him. i pulled my shirt off and covered his wounds. if they wont save him, then i will.