Chapter 12

I sat beside my bed as Lucas laid there. i had stopped the bleeding and with every ounce of strength i had left i dragged him here. he laid there for three days now. no one talked to me for the first day. Morgan and Kyle still want Lucas dead. they didn't trust him. James came over once in a while to see if i was okay. his mother didn't like him being near Lucas but he never listened to her. it was going to take a while before people started warming up to the idea of a hell hound around. i watched him lay there, eyes closed. he was breathing normally. i had given him some of my blood so he could live. it drained me and i had fainted, but i was okay now. i could hear someone walking in from the front door. 

"Danny?" that was Jessie. i frowned and looked at the doorway. he turned the corner and looked at me. he was 16 now. Morgan was his dad. his mother had died when he was just a little kid. he was the only open minded one. he thought Lucas was pretty cool. 

"Mor.... I mean my dad wants to see you." I looked at Lucas and nodded. 

"will you stay with him? let me know if he wakes up?" Jessie gave me a small smile and nodded. 

"of course." i stood up and walked past Jessie. before leaving i looked at Lucas one last time. 

"hey, Danny?" I hummed and looked at Jessie. "I'm sorry. i liked Lucas. he was nice." i smiled and looked at Lucas's sleeping body. 

"he's an amazing guy. he has a lot of love in his heart. the hell hound in him is nothing compared to the human he is." Jessie smiled showing teeth. 

"I'll let you know the second he wakes up." i gave him a nod and headed out to the office building. I walked in and sat in front of Morgan's desk. he looked up at me and stopped whatever he was doing. 

"Danny, perfect. i wanted to know more about this... pet of yours." I glared at him. 

"his name is Lucas and he's not a pet. he's a person." Morgan nodded slowly. 

"not from what we saw. he was a dog. one that attacked someone." I really wanted to hit him. i lend forward and looked Morgan in the eyes.

"you know what, Morgan. he was born in Detroit as a human. some stupid scientist took him and did some bullshit experiments. turned him into a so-called monster. they wanted the perfect soldier. he escaped and was scared. he didn't know what he was. all he knew was that he was locked in a box his whole life. you may call him a pet or a monster but he is still human and believe it or not but he saved your fucking life. Ellie was made the same way but her human side couldn't control the evil inside. she was weak and it took over her. he killed her for you people. if he hadn't then you all would be no more. there wouldn't be a safe haven anymore." I took a deep breath and stood up. Morgan took in a breath and as he let it go he looked at me in the eye.

"is he weak?" i frowned at him. what was he asking me? "you said Ellie's human was weak and that's why all of this happened. what happens if he turns?" I shook my head. 

"then i'll put him down. till then he stays alive. let him prove to you that he's just like everyone else. hell, what's so bad about having a hell hound on our side?" i put my hands on his desk and got closer to him. "he's strong and fast. he's smart. smarter than all of us combined." i stood up and shook my head with a laugh. "he could help everyone. he never gets tired. yes he sleeps but he can stay up longer than any of us." Morgan let me talk. what was he thinking about? did he believe me? 

"you just told me that he could kill us all." I groaned in frustration. 

"if he was going to kill us all, he would have done it a long time ago. and you wouldn't even notice till it was too late." I said and walked out slamming the door behind me. 

a week went by now. what was going on with him? why wasn't he walking up? Jessie stopped by every day to see if Lucas changed. i shook my head every time. i had Jessie sneak off to the other side to get me some supplies for his wounds, he should be back soon. i watched Lucas and let a tear fall.

"Lucas. i need you to wake up." i whispered. "i'm begging you to wake up." i grabbed his hand and squeezed it. his body was hot. the hell hound was keeping his body warm. warmer then normal. was he fading away? 

"Danny? i'm back." Jessie spoke and walked into the bedroom. he handed me my bag and i pulled the stuff out. i changed his bandages and threw out the old ones. "oh, and just in case. i found this too." he handed me a bag and pulled a hand gun from his pants. it was holstered up by his pants. I frowned and took it. the bag was full of ammo. i took a deep breath and thanked him. i filled the clip and loaded the gun. i put it on safety and set it beside me on the bed to my right, closest to the door. "oh and there is something Kyle wanted to talk to you about. i'm not sure what. he said to meet him at his place." I groaned and shook my head. they can't just leave me alone, can they? 

"watch him?" i asked. Jessie smiled and sat in the chair. i tucked the gun in my pants just below my back and covered it with my shirt.

"watch and see if he wakes up. let you know when he does. i got it." i smiled and thanked him and walked to Kyle's.

i knocked on the door and it opened showing Kyle. he smiled and let me in. i looked around as i walked in and turned to look at him. 

"what do you want? i have something more important to do." Kyle shut the door and looked at me.

"yeah, watching over a monster dying." i rolled my eyes at him. Morgan and Kyle will never understand. 

"yeah, well... you slept with one so..." i smiled and Kyle glared at me. he hadn't told anyone about that. he knew that i knew about it though. 

"don't ever bring that up again." i laughed and turned my back on him. "I asked you here so we can talk." i turned around and looked at him.

"talk about what? that you refused to help me save Lucas? that you and Morgan want him dead? i already know all this." Kyle shook his head. what was going on? he was barely talking. i walked up to Kyle and slammed him into the door.

"what is going on?" i demanded an answer. he looked as if he was guilty of something. 

"Lucas..." i whispered. they were keeping me distracted so they could finish him off. "you're going to kill him. you're stalling me so Morgan can take him out. are you seriously going to kill someone who's already down? he can't even fight back!" i yelled. i threw Kyle back away from the door and swung it open. 

"I'm sorry Danny. Morgan doesn't trust him. he didn't want you getting hurt. he's only trying to protect you." i let a tear fall. 

"I can protect myself." i said and walked out. as i ran to the house i saw Jessie. he was running in my direction. he had blood on his head.

"what happened?" i asked. Jessie looked freaked. 

"he's awake. i think he thought i was going to hurt him. he threw me just as my dad walked in. hes going to kill Lucas."