Intro

Panting was heard as a small girl ran through the woods. Starving and tired, the small girl fell to ground as she tried to hop over a large fallen over log.
"This sucks!" She cried as she got up and peeked over the log, "I finally manage to catch something to eat and stupid wolfs take it away then chase me down the path!"
The girl sighed and turned around to continue walking. As she kept going, she saw a small shadow walking alone.
Her gold eyes widened and a smile grew as ran over to it. But before she could do pull out her knife, another was pointed at her neck, stopping her in her tracks.

"Hurt the bear and you die"
Her gold eyes focused on the deep voice of the boy who was standing in front of her with a dagger to her throat.
"Wait, bear?" she looked to the creature and finally noticed that it was indeed a bear.
"How did you get a bear?!"
"Found him" another, female, voice was heard. A girl walked out from behind a tree.
The smaller one noticed how the two looked alike. Twins.
"He's at the size to attack anyone who attacks him first" the older girl explained, "so why would you Tun at him?"
The smaller girl raised her hands in defense, "look, it's dark, I couldn't see that it was a bear, and I'm tired and hungry" right as she said that, her stomach let out a loud growl.
She groaned in embarrassment while the twins sweatdropped.
"I was just looking for food" she trailed off as she then fell to the ground.
She had fainted
The boy looked to his sister as he lowered his dagger. She simply shrugged told him to put her on the bear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gold eyes slowly opened to the smell of....cooked fish?
She quickly rose to a sitting position, scared that some bandits had gotten her, only to see the twins and the before from before. Cooking a large amount of fish over a fire.
"Ah, she's awake" she heard the girl say
The boy walked over to her with a fish screwer, "eat up" he simply said
The girl looked at him confused as she slowly reached for the wooden stick.
Once it was in her hand, she looked at the two in confusion, as if silently asking; "why are you helping me?"
"We couldn't just leave you laying on the floor, dying of hunger" the girl said
"You should thank Trinket for carrying you and catching the fish" the boy said as he was already eating his second fish.
The small girl cocked her head to the side, "who's Trinket?"
A tongue suddenly, but softly, licked her cheek and the girl flinched slightly, turning her attention to the bear who was laying behind her, letting her use him as a giant pillow.
With a slight blush, she pet his head, "Aw, thank you"
"They always like the bear" the boy muttered
The other girl chuckled and sat down to eat as well.
"I'm Vex'ahlia, call me Vex" she introduced herself, "the brooding one is my twin brother, Vax'ildan"
"Just call me Vax" he rolled his eyes
The small girl smiled at their kindness, "I'm Miel Lunagaurd"
"So, why are you out here starving to death?" Vax asked, finishing up his last fish
Miel looked down a bit sadly then took a bite of her fish, "uh, you know, running around, trying to find food in the wilderness because bandits ransacked my house, killing my family in the process and burning down the house"
The twins looked at her with gapped looks at her quick explanation.
"And what about you two?" She asked, "uh, three" she corrected, looking at Trinket.
The twins glanced at each other, deciding to follow her tone of explanation.
"We're half elves that were taken from our mother to live with our father"
"Asshole didn't care about us" Vax growled
"So we left to go look for our mother. But she was killed...by a dragon"
"And we've been out here ever since"
"Seems we have things in common" Miel said as she ate her third fish
"Seems so" Vex commented with a smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An arrow hit the trunk of the tree, but missed the middle.
"You're not good with a bow, huh?" Vex chuckled
Miel sighed as she lowered her bow, "you think I need more practice?"
A swish was heard past them and the two girls turned their attention to the tree, only to see a black dagger in the center.
"A blind bastard has better aim then you" Vax quipped, scaring Miel since appeared behind her
"I thought you were out stealing food"
"I came back"
"I hate to say it" Vex said taking her bow and shooting an arrow. It hit next to Vax's dagger, "but he's right"
Miel's eye twitched, "pretty sure it's because you guys have been out here longer than I have"
"Whatever makes you feel better" Vax chuckled as he grabbed his dagger and walked over to them, "if you can handle yourself with a weapon, how are you gonna continue traveling with us?"
Miel's eyes widened, "you'll leave me if I can't use a weapon!?"
"Sorry Miel, we just can't be protecting you all the time. You have to defend yourself" Vex explain somewhat sadly
Miel growled and yanked the black dagger out of Vax's hand, "I don't believe it! Just because I'm not good now? That is fucking evil!!" She yelled as she threw the small knife at the tree, "how could you guys leave me out here to fend for myself after we've been traveling together for weeks!?"
Vex and Vax glanced at each other and smiled
"What!?"
"You won't need to worry about that" Vex said, "I think we just found out which one of us is gonna train with you"
"Huh?"
Vax came up to her and turned her around to face the tree. There, embedded in the bark, in the spot that was marked, was Vax's dagger. Just a couple inches away from Vex's arrow.
Miel's eyes widened in shock
"Looks like we're partners" Vax said, "who knew you'd be good with daggers"
Miel blushed lightly at how close she could feel his breath to her ear. She raised her hand and with a small flash of light, Vax's dagger was back in her hand.
"Y-yeah, I didn't know either" she chuckled
"How did you do that?" Vax asked
Miel looked at him confused, until she realized he was talking about how his weapon was back in her hand without having to go for it.
"Oh, it's a trick I picked up. I used to use with my own...before I lost it in the woods" she stated, "I've been honing it since then"
Vax glanced at Vex for a second and then smiled at Miel, "teach me?"
"Huh?"
"Teach me to summon my weapon back" he repeated, "it'll be very useful in future"
Miel smirked, "knife lessons for a simple magic trick? Sure" she chuckled, "just don't leave me out here?"
Vex and Vax laughed at her meek question
"Miel, we were lying. That'd be too fucking cruel even for us" Vex laughed
"Oh thank you" Miel sighed in relief