Those Who Walk Away

"Miel" Vax cried as he held her close to him and Vex held her hand

"Pike, heal her" Keyleth begged though her own sobs

Pike's hands glowed as she tried again, but to no avail, "there's...nothing to heal" she said sadly and hung her head

"Somebody do something!" Vax cried, begging for anything at this point

Kash suddenly appeared by his side, "let me see her" he said. Vax wasn't moving so Scanlan had to try and move him back as Kash took Miel from him, "we could try resurrecting her" he suggested

"A revival rite? I-I've never tried that before" Pike said as Kash laid Miel back

"Yeah, not many have" Kash said quickly as he got his spear out and started carving around the body just as quickly, "it's hard as hell to pull of, so we got to do it while the body is still warm. Here help me" Scanlan and Grog basically help Vax sit back as he was till in shock, "here we go" Kash bit his thumb and marked a line of blood on Miel's forehead.

"This can't be happening" Vax gasped out as he watched this unfold, still having trouble processing that they were actually trying to resurrect Miel, "who was with her?"

At his question, Percy and Vex couldn't help but lower their heads in sadness and quilt.

Kash grunted as he started his ritual. The carvings around Miel started glowing in a circle and her body started levitating off the ground. Pike started healing her as Kash's magic surrounded Miel like a cocoon.

"She's gonna owe me big time for this" he said struggling to continue, "if it works"

Feathers started appearing around them, but no one took notice...except Vax.

"Spell's not holding" Kash grunted as he and Pike were straining to continue

"Come on" Pike struggled as she noticed the circle was fading, "no. It's not working"

"Cause we're inside her temple" Kash said, "this is the domain of the Matron of Ravens. She's too fucking strong"

"Our gods have no authority here" Pike said

"Can we maybe move Miel somewhere else?" Grog asked

"We're underneath a lake. There is no somewhere else" Percy argued

"There's-there's got to be another potion or something" Scanlan said

"It's no use. She's done for" Zahra said

"Shut up! If you're not gonna help than shut your fucking mouth and stay quiet" Vex growled at her

Everything was starting to muffle around Vax as he gasped for breath. That's when he noticed how many feathers were falling around them. But it appeared only he could see them, his friends certainly weren't taking notice of them.

He then noticed a large figure almost float past him towards his friends. Just like the feathers around him, no one else seemed to notice the figure getting closer to them. The figure was standing over them and Vax watched as they reached over with a clawed hand.

"No" he whimpered once he saw what they were doing. By now, he realized who this was and remembered what Miel had told him before.

"...I've read somewhere that she hates resurrections. One should never mess around with death and revival when it comes to her"

She dug her nail into the glowing cocoon, breaking it and stopping the ritual. Everyone started panicking, trying to think of something else.

Vax stood up as he kept his eyes in Miel. Then, a ghost-like version of the warlock started floating up out of her body and towards the large figure.