Scanbo

"Time to start talking, Percival" Vax demanded. "The fuck happened back there?"

The first thing that happened once they were all back at the hideout, was Vax pushing Percy away from the group and started yelling at him.

"I assure you, I'm in control" Percy said

"Oh, we're you in control when you pointed that at me? I saw your eyes"

"The pepperbox is a potent tool. I-I may have gotten carried away."

"Oh, I swear, if you turn that thing on any of us again, I will not hesitate" Vax threatened as he grabbed on to Percy's shirt, "I will kill you"

Miel silently gasped as Vax let him go and walked away from him. "What the hell happened?" She asked when he stopped next to her

"I don't know" he said looking back the human, "he was firing shots over and over, and when I called to him he pointed the gun at me with no hesitation" he looked back at her, "and like Keyleth said before, there was black smoke around him. Watch yourself around him from now on"

"You're speaking out of anger"

"That doesn't mean I'm not right"

"When we came here, darling, you promised no more lies" Vex said, "you owe us the truth"

"You're right" Percy started, "the creation of the pepperbox begins five years ago.

"With my family murdered, I had no way of tricking back. So I did the only thing I could. I fled. Washed away to a new life. I feared the de Rolo name was a death sentence, so I disappeared. Wandering aimlessly, my days spent struggling for survival. My night filled with fear, blood, and cruel nightmares. These unrelenting visions of my family's end. I worried I would go mad with grief. The hatred inside me grew. Vengeance burning hotter than black powder. Nearly consuming me. Until a new vision came. A spawn of science that would bring me the revenge I so desperately sought. I dreamt of a machine that would tips the scales of fortune in my favor.

"I dreamt of this" he finished as he held up his pepperbox.

"Yikes. No wonder he's single" Scanlan joked getting lightly kicked by Miel, who was behind him

Vex sighed, "not the time, Scanlan"

"Do you normally build instruments of death you find in dreams?" Vax questioned

"Not the first time I've been inspired" Percy said, "does it matter where it came from?"

"At the moment? Yes, I'd say it does"

"Sun Tree?" Miel looked back when she heard Keyleth. The Ashari walked over to the tree root at the back of the room, "what happened to you?"

Miel walked over to her, "is it calling to you?"

"Yes it is" she replied and placed her hands on the root. The root where her hands were started glowing. Keyleth opened her eyes and they glowed green as well. A couple seconds later, she suddenly gasped and fell to her knees in tears. "You're so weak" she whispered.

Keyleth then brought her hands up and created a small ball of fire. "Uh, I don't think you should do that" Miel said. Keyleth didn't listen when a small sprout grew from the branch, only for it to whither immediately. With a determined look, Keyleth tried again. This time, the ball of fire was a bit bigger and she brought it closer to the root.

"Keyleth, I really think you should stop" Miel basically pleaded. She didn't like the idea of fire inside a small space

Her worries were confirmed when Keyleth suddenly lit the roof on fire. "Uh! No, no, no. Fire!" The Ashari grabbed a nearby blanket and tried to put it out.