The Darkness Within

"Keyleth, wake up" Vax pleaded, "Keyleth, no" Vex looked at Miel

"An Elixir" she said and Miel quickly pulled one out of her bag, "try it" Miel gave it to Vax and he poured it into Keyleth's mouth...but it didn't do anything and the black vain marks were growing on her cheek.

"It's not working. We're loosing her!"

"Miel! You try something!" Vex said

Miel's eyes widened but she didn't want to argue about how her healing wasn't as good as Pike's. All she wanted to do was help her friend. Miel placed her hand over the wound and concentrated. But just like the Elixir, nothing was happening. Her hands didn't even glow. "I-I can't" she cried and lowered her head in shame as the tears dropped on the floor.

"The Whispered One did not return" Delilah gasped, "we failed. It was too soon"

"There's nothing to be done" Percy said, "Keyleth is gone. But at least we have what we came for" he said nudging the pepperbox on Delilah's head

"What the fuck are you talking about!" Miel growled as she got up and glared at him, "Keyleth is still breathing!"

"Something's not right" Scanlan noticed, "uh, let me try, Scanlan's Hand..." he strung his lute, but nothing happened either. "The elixir, Miel's spell and mine...that thing must be blocking all magic" he said looking at the spinning sphere.

"Damn it, he's right" Vex said, "away from the orb!"

"We're not done with you, yet" Cassandra said as she walked up to Delilah and started dragging her by her hair out of the room.

They all walked out of the room and down the stairs. Vax had offered to carry Keyleth but he was too tired to keep going, so Grog took over for him. They kept walking until they made it back to the acid room they were at before.

"Okay, wait-wait-wait, hold up, hold up" Scanlan called and started playing his loot and a small purple hand appeared from it, "Yes, we got magic" he said.

Vax took off his cape and laid it down for Grog to place Keyleth on.

"Miel, give us another Elixir" Vex said as she pulled open Miel's Bag. 

"I need it, hurry!" Vax said

"There's just...there's no more" Vex said sadly and then she looked at Miel, "Try again, Miel. We have magic now, give it a try" she said quickly and pushed her towards Keyleth.

Miel took a deep, shaky breath as she tried again to heal Keyleth. This time Miels' hands glowed her gray color. Nothing much was happening, but Vax noticed that the black veins on Keyleth growing slower but not stopping. Miel also noticed and she was starting to get discouraged. "It's not working" she said

"Keep it up, you're doing something" Vex encouraged

"I'm doing nothing!" Miel yelled as she banged her hands to the ground and continued to cry. Keyleth's hand fell to her side and tipping over to small pouch, spilling its continents. Miel's eyes widened when she saw the items and remembered back to Cassandra. "Wait" she said and she quickly spilled out the rest of Keyleth's things. "Vax, you remember what Keyleth used?" she asked as she picked up the Wanderer's Moss.

"Uh, it was Flicksilver and uh"

"Dirt" Miel finished as she poured out the dirt from the bag that said 'dirt.' She quickly put everything together and spit into it, mixing it all together.

"Shorthalt, need some of that magic" Vax called Scanlan over.

"Disgusting mud and spit, turn into some healing shit" he sung and his magic fused into the mixture.