The Sunken Tomb

A couple hours later, they made it a good distance away from Vessalheim to look for the lake that Osysa told them about. They were all in a clearing resting. They would've kept going but Vax had insisted on scouting ahead to make sure they weren't "wasting time" While they waited for Vax, Pike suddenly jumped and gasped hard.

Grog immediately moved to her side, "You okay?" he asked

"No" she gasped, "The dragons, they're moving. Expanding across Tal'Dorei"

"You saw them in your head?"

"A vision granted by the Everlight. The red one, they others called him Thorndak. He just...wiped them out. I...I couldn't save them" she said sadly and sobbed as Grog hugged her

"I know we come from all over" Keyleth spoke, "but Emon was the first place that accepted us. It kind of felt like out home"

"They even gave us a title" Percy added

"And we'll live up to it" Vex said standing up, "when we find the tomb and find that fucking vestige."

Vax landed on the rock behind her, "Well, I've got good news and bad news on that front" he said, emphasizing that was listening to them

"Kay, good stuff first" Scanlan said

"I found the lake Osysa told us about over the next ravine" Vax explained

"Fantastic, let's go"

"Wait" Percy stopped Vex, "The bad news?"

Vax didn't answer, looking troubled about what his bad news was. He decided they should head over, just in case Pike, Miel or even Keyleth could see something he wasn't.

"No tomb" Keyleth said when they took a look around the lake in front of them

"No temple. No ruins. No nothing" Vax said

Pike had her hand out, using the Everlight's power to see if there was something. Miel had her staff out in front of her, same as Pike, looking for the unseen.

"It's not an illusion, either" Pike said, "did the Sphinx lie to us?"

"I don't think so" Miel said, "there's something around here, but I can't pinpoint where exactly"

"It must be across the lake" Vex said and was about to walk out onto the ice when Vax grabbed her arm, stopping her from moving a step

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked

"We can still make it by nightfall"

"This is a Vestige of Divergence we're talking about. I doubt it'll be waiting for us wrapped in gift paper. We have to be careful around here. All of us"

"Not to worry" Scanlan piped up, "I'll slide over and check it out" With Scanlan's foot, he jumped on it and started skating all around the lake, "I love having a foot fetish with - woah! Guys, this is the best!" suddenly he fell forward landing on his ass, bouncing up and landing on his face causing everyone, but Percy, to laugh. "Uh, something just moved under the ice"

Miel stopped and looked over to Scanlan, who was searching the lake.

"Scanlan? What's going on out there?" Keyleth asked

"Uh, it's fine. I'm sure the ice is...super thick" he said patting the ice and standing up, "I'll just recharge the old Scan-juice" Before he could do anything, the ice next to his foot broke open and something grabbed his leg, trying to drag him down.

"Hold on, Scanlan!" Grog yelled as he ran to the ice, only to fall in as well

Percy ran forward, but as soon as his foot stepped on the ice, it cracked, "Shit. Keyleth, can you, I don't know, be a bird or something?" he asked the Ashari