Into Rimecleft

Miel opened her eyes when she heard someone gasping for breath. She looked over and saw that it was Grog. Which was strange. He looked over at Pike and then he suddenly, grabbed his sword and moved it away from her.

"Grog?" Miel called, "are you okay?" she asked

The goliath jumped and looked to the warlock. Miel could see that he looked...scared. She moved carefully from Vax's side and crawled over to him.

"N-No, stay over there" he whimpered slightly making her stop in surprise. They've never heard anything other than confidence from him before.

Instead of listening to him, Miel continued her crawl forward to him and sat next to him. "That sword won't stop talking to you, huh?"

Grog looked at her with wide eyes. "Y-You've heard it before?" he asked in panic

"Hmm, once" she answered, "but I know it's a dark weapon. Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't taken over you yet"

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, that weapon is supposed to take over minds and make them do its bidding. It's cool that you're able to contain it though...but I bet it's getting stronger, huh?"

Grog looked down sadly and nodded his head, "It wants more blood. Every time. How do I make it stop?"

Miel shrugged, "Sorry, but I don't think you can stop it. You'll just have to fight it to hold it back...is that what woke up?" again Grog nodded, "yeah, you look like you got a horrible dream because of it" she said and looked at him. He still had a sad expression and sighed, "You know, you're not entirely alone" she said and he looked at her, "I know that Percy still gets nightmares about what happened in Whitestone" she confessed, "Keyleth had a nightmare just a couple days ago since we left Pyrah. And don't tell him I told you, but Vax gets them a lot since the tomb" she said lightly looking over to the rogue, "I get them as well. So, see? You're not alone"

Grog nodded, "thanks...but please don't tell Pike" he said. Miel nodded

"Telling her is up to you. Just know, that you're not alone" she said and looked over to Vax when she heard him groan, "I'm going back, don't want him waking up and panicking that I'm not next to him" she chuckled lightly and crawled back

Grog looked over to her as she sat next to Vax and brought his hand back around her. She looked back at Grog and smiled before closing her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, what a lovely morning to find a Spinx" Vex said as they all walked down the path, seeing if they could find the place that looked familiar to Vax

Grog yawned loudly, "Fuck"

"Didn't get enough sleep?" Vex asked

"Huh? Of course I did" he chuckled nervously, "lots of sleep with really nice dreams where no one died"

"Calm down, Grog" Miel whispered as she walked past him

"Hey, you know what's up with Grog?" Vax asked Miel once they walked a little further ahead of everyone else

Miel glanced back to Grog, who was pretending to talk to the trees for Pike and Scanlan. "Um, I don't know ...maybe?" she muttered and he gave her a 'really?' look. Miel chuckled, "Maybe another day" she said, "I promised him I wouldn't say anything until he did first"

"When the fuck did you promise him that?" Vax asked with a small smile. Miel smiled and brought her hand up to making a zipping motion over her lips. He chuckled lightly, "fine, forgotten"